PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good-Bye Touch Pro 2 and HTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if your saying he tethered wireless and got 4g im not sure how depending on what os build he is using.

EDIT: seems my ACS boys just cracked hotspot for new leak and got 4g working so life is good.
Yeah. He's running a rom based off EL13 update. I think it's called Unnamed rom.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Yeah Sprint 4g is non existent almost nowhere. Even when I do have it sucks. I'm looking forward to Sprint LTE. But I guess for now 3g will do. I really like the arrive. I would use it if it could be rooted like Android. I may get the arrive for my wife unless another windows phone comes to Sprint. All I know is that windows phone os is looking good after the mango update.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
@yankees45us yes the arrive can now be unlocked, there are a couple people in the arrive forum who have unlocked it. There's also a rumor that sprint is slated to release 3 new WP phones in 2012 one each from HTC Samsung and Nokia, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Yes Eric - if it hadn't been faster than the TP2, I would have been upset. And, I'm starting to have the same problems with data that you have mentioned. I think the onslaught of Iphone 4s phones in NOLA is slowing 3g data speeds. 4G is here, but spotty. For me, the Android phone does work (as I said, no re-sets yet) and I can tinker. I heard that there were roms available for the Galaxy S2 that would permit tethering, but I had already rooted the phone and sideloaded a tethering app (as Sprint has blocked them on the Android store).

Has the Arrive or any other Seven Phone been jailbroken yet? Although as you know, I've been down on it, I am very surprised not only at the low market numbers, but the fact that demo units have disappeared from some Sprint stores. Mayber Nokia will change that, but right now, IOS and Android rule the Sprint market.
@gjhuff yes the arrive has been jailbroken don't know if it has tethering tho. my hd7 already allows tethering stock. Maybe u can get a cheap HD7 on eBay like I did to use on their $30 prepay plan to supplement the slow speeds ur experiencing. My HD7 on 3G absolutely destroys sprint 4G. The HD7 also even has a couple of custom roms but I have no need for them since it already does everything I need it to do stock.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

UstesGreenridge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am sad to regret that I am joining this group....I have been waiting for a suitable replacement for beloved TP2. Recently my uncle gave me a Droid X2, deactivated my TP2 on Sunday, activated the Droid....WWWTTTFFFF!!!! This is nice!!! got it rooted, dled all the apk's i like and install....It will take a lot to get me to go back to Windows...sorry !!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UstesGreenridge View Post
I am sad to regret that I am joining this group....I have been waiting for a suitable replacement for beloved TP2. Recently my uncle gave me a Droid X2, deactivated my TP2 on Sunday, activated the Droid....WWWTTTFFFF!!!! This is nice!!! got it rooted, dled all the apk's i like and install....It will take a lot to get me to go back to Windows...sorry !!
agreed , i have myself an HD2 flashed with Hyperdroid and i LOVE it .
Old 01-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
agreed , i have myself an HD2 flashed with Hyperdroid and i LOVE it .
@elesbb what do u think of the increased speeds and signal quality?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

twiztid420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to twiztid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@yankees45us yes the arrive can now be unlocked, there are a couple people in the arrive forum who have unlocked it. There's also a rumor that sprint is slated to release 3 new WP phones in 2012 one each from HTC Samsung and Nokia, but I'll believe that when I see it.

@gjhuff yes the arrive has been jailbroken don't know if it has tethering tho. my hd7 already allows tethering stock. Maybe u can get a cheap HD7 on eBay like I did to use on their $30 prepay plan to supplement the slow speeds ur experiencing. My HD7 on 3G absolutely destroys sprint 4G. The HD7 also even has a couple of custom roms but I have no need for them since it already does everything I need it to do stock.
@eric12341

Can you provide links to the guides or whatever people used to "JailBreak" their Arrive? As i have been looking and the only thing i have seen is the unlock from Chevron or Dev unlocked is the on thing you can do on the arrive it self. That allows you to side load apps but a lot of the custom apps require Interop unlock which is not possible on any 2nd gen WP7 phones (which includes the arrive) currently as far as i have seen.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid420 View Post
@eric12341

Can you provide links to the guides or whatever people used to "JailBreak" their Arrive? As i have been looking and the only thing i have seen is the unlock from Chevron or Dev unlocked is the on thing you can do on the arrive it self. That allows you to side load apps but a lot of the custom apps require Interop unlock which is not possible on any 2nd gen WP7 phones (which includes the arrive) currently as far as i have seen.
arrive is first Gen, the rest of the new devices are 1.5 Gen.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
@elesbb what do u think of the increased speeds and signal quality?
wish i could say @eric12341 but im broke have no job therefore no money for the sim card or monthly service
Old 01-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
wish i could say @eric12341 but im broke have no job therefore no money for the sim card or monthly service
@elesbb i paid only $3 for my SIM card from amazon and only $30 for the service which includes 100 min, unlimited text and 5GB of full speed data. I most likely will be switching to a value plan which includes 500 anytime mins, unlimited night and weekend minutes (too many hot latinas want to talk on the phone with me and 100 mins is much too limited) and 10GB of data (sisters iPod has been sucking the shit out of my 5GB plus I want to watch more videos) once i get my income tax. its like $94 a month but a discount will knock it down a bit.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
@elesbb i paid only $3 for my SIM card from amazon and only $30 for the service which includes 100 min, unlimited text and 5GB of full speed data. I most likely will be switching to a value plan which includes 500 anytime mins, unlimited night and weekend minutes (too many hot latinas want to talk on the phone with me and 100 mins is much too limited) and 10GB of data (sisters iPod has been sucking the shit out of my 5GB plus I want to watch more videos) once i get my income tax. its like $94 a month but a discount will knock it down a bit.
$94/month is the Value plan? I just checked out Sprints coverage maps for Chicago and it looks Saturated with 3G/4G coverage, leaves me wondering why you were having coverage problems?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2