View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good-Bye Touch Pro 2 and HTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Yeah Sprint 4g is non existent almost nowhere. Even when I do have it sucks. I'm looking forward to Sprint LTE. But I guess for now 3g will do. I really like the arrive. I would use it if it could be rooted like Android. I may get the arrive for my wife unless another windows phone comes to Sprint. All I know is that windows phone os is looking good after the mango update.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
@yankees45us yes the arrive can now be unlocked, there are a couple people in the arrive forum who have unlocked it. There's also a rumor that sprint is slated to release 3 new WP phones in 2012 one each from HTC Samsung and Nokia, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Yes Eric - if it hadn't been faster than the TP2, I would have been upset. And, I'm starting to have the same problems with data that you have mentioned. I think the onslaught of Iphone 4s phones in NOLA is slowing 3g data speeds. 4G is here, but spotty. For me, the Android phone does work (as I said, no re-sets yet) and I can tinker. I heard that there were roms available for the Galaxy S2 that would permit tethering, but I had already rooted the phone and sideloaded a tethering app (as Sprint has blocked them on the Android store).

Has the Arrive or any other Seven Phone been jailbroken yet? Although as you know, I've been down on it, I am very surprised not only at the low market numbers, but the fact that demo units have disappeared from some Sprint stores. Mayber Nokia will change that, but right now, IOS and Android rule the Sprint market.
@gjhuff yes the arrive has been jailbroken don't know if it has tethering tho. my hd7 already allows tethering stock. Maybe u can get a cheap HD7 on eBay like I did to use on their $30 prepay plan to supplement the slow speeds ur experiencing. My HD7 on 3G absolutely destroys sprint 4G. The HD7 also even has a couple of custom roms but I have no need for them since it already does everything I need it to do stock.