PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint [of course]

MizzPrincezz is a n00b
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question R.I.P. Touch Pro2

The other night I was awakened by the sound of my phone vibrating and the bright light that accompanied it. My phone was sitting on the charger repeatedly turning on and turning off. This did not really bother me as I've seen this before so I tried pulling the battery and using different ones. DID NOT WORK O.O Oh no!

So I tried every reset and hard reset combination I knew but it was still not working.

This phone is an Asurion refurb shipped to me in August of this year so I called Asurion to tell them that the phone was in an infinite reboot cycle. The rep was very understanding and stated that its a known problem and said that he would ship out an HTC Arrive to me.

1. If it had been you, would you have asked for another HTC Touch Pro2 because of the Arrive's errr memory card, NoDo, camera shortcomings?

2. Should I be worried about my phone being unlocked and on a custom ROM? (I can't flash it back because it keeps restarting itself)
Old 10-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: R.I.P. Touch Pro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzPrincezz View Post
The other night I was awakened by the sound of my phone vibrating and the bright light that accompanied it. My phone was sitting on the charger repeatedly turning on and turning off. This did not really bother me as I've seen this before so I tried pulling the battery and using different ones. DID NOT WORK O.O Oh no!

So I tried every reset and hard reset combination I knew but it was still not working.

This phone is an Asurion refurb shipped to me in August of this year so I called Asurion to tell them that the phone was in an infinite reboot cycle. The rep was very understanding and stated that its a known problem and said that he would ship out an HTC Arrive to me.

1. If it had been you, would you have asked for another HTC Touch Pro2 because of the Arrive's errr memory card, NoDo, camera shortcomings?

2. Should I be worried about my phone being unlocked and on a custom ROM? (I can't flash it back because it keeps restarting itself)
I hate you people who get better phones as a replacement , ASSurion kept sending me Refurbished TP2s that DIDNT WORK so i finally dropped them and just fixed it myself . i would have gone with the Arrive , damn youre lucky . and no do not be worried about that . they will prolly reflash and relock it and make it a refurb to give to the next poor soul . so dont worry about . i sent ALL mine back unlocked and WITHOUT a ROM on it at all . you should seriously share your luck with me
Old 10-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MizzPrincezz is a n00b

Thank you, R E L I E F. Ahhh. I think they just started shipping out Arrives because in August they sent me a Touch Pro2 (like the 6th time I believe). I hope you get another one though if you ever go back to Asurion. If they send me this Arrive and its a refurb I will be highly upset though.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There is really not much to worry, the one who is picky is usually sprint, through asuraun they just handle insurance. They'll take your phone as is.

That said I hope your on a new plan and not on an old plan, or that Arrive won't activate.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Really nothing to worry about in regards to the arrive, it will have mango on it or it will be updated to mango as soon as u connect with Zune. If u have that TP2 working still I would try to get ur contacts into a hotmail account (preferably new one) so that they can transfer easily to the arrive.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MizzPrincezz is a n00b

Hi everyone, thanks for replying... I received the Arrive today in the mail and it was a refurb which was saddening but oh well. I had previously backed up all of my contacts through Google when I installed Android on my TP2. I like the new interface but I am very bothered by there being no removable memory card slot. I will have to dig for my memory card adapter to copy everything through Zune (yuck). I will continue to lurk and comment on the TP2 forum though.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi everyone, thanks for replying... I received the Arrive today in the mail and it was a refurb which was saddening but oh well. I had previously backed up all of my contacts through Google when I installed Android on my TP2. I like the new interface but I am very bothered by there being no removable memory card slot. I will have to dig for my memory card adapter to copy everything through Zune (yuck). I will continue to lurk and comment on the TP2 forum though.
@MizzPrincezz don't really need to do all of that, if the music files are in a folder on the computer u can set Zune to automatically add and monitor those folders it was done automatically in my case, u also need to connect to Zune anyway to install mango onto it if it already isn't installed. As for the sd card if ur daring enough u can operate on the unit urself to install a different card. There are tutorials that show this being done.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Can you please share your plan details?

Do you have a Simply Everything plan?
How much per month for plan only?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MizzPrincezz is a n00b