PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   R.I.P. Touch Pro2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147765)

MizzPrincezz 10-29-2011 11:40 AM

R.I.P. Touch Pro2

The other night I was awakened by the sound of my phone vibrating and the bright light that accompanied it. My phone was sitting on the charger repeatedly turning on and turning off. This did not really bother me as I've seen this before so I tried pulling the battery and using different ones. DID NOT WORK O.O Oh no!

So I tried every reset and hard reset combination I knew but it was still not working.

This phone is an Asurion refurb shipped to me in August of this year so I called Asurion to tell them that the phone was in an infinite reboot cycle. The rep was very understanding and stated that its a known problem and said that he would ship out an HTC Arrive to me.

1. If it had been you, would you have asked for another HTC Touch Pro2 because of the Arrive's errr memory card, NoDo, camera shortcomings?

2. Should I be worried about my phone being unlocked and on a custom ROM? (I can't flash it back because it keeps restarting itself)

elesbb 10-29-2011 11:45 AM

Re: R.I.P. Touch Pro2

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzPrincezz (Post 2153056)
The other night I was awakened by the sound of my phone vibrating and the bright light that accompanied it. My phone was sitting on the charger repeatedly turning on and turning off. This did not really bother me as I've seen this before so I tried pulling the battery and using different ones. DID NOT WORK O.O Oh no!

So I tried every reset and hard reset combination I knew but it was still not working.

This phone is an Asurion refurb shipped to me in August of this year so I called Asurion to tell them that the phone was in an infinite reboot cycle. The rep was very understanding and stated that its a known problem and said that he would ship out an HTC Arrive to me.

1. If it had been you, would you have asked for another HTC Touch Pro2 because of the Arrive's errr memory card, NoDo, camera shortcomings?

2. Should I be worried about my phone being unlocked and on a custom ROM? (I can't flash it back because it keeps restarting itself)

I hate you people who get better phones as a replacement , ASSurion kept sending me Refurbished TP2s that DIDNT WORK so i finally dropped them and just fixed it myself . i would have gone with the Arrive , damn youre lucky . and no do not be worried about that . they will prolly reflash and relock it and make it a refurb to give to the next poor soul . so dont worry about . i sent ALL mine back unlocked and WITHOUT a ROM on it at all . you should seriously share your luck with me :)

MizzPrincezz 10-29-2011 04:03 PM

Thank you, R E L I E F. Ahhh. I think they just started shipping out Arrives because in August they sent me a Touch Pro2 (like the 6th time I believe). I hope you get another one though if you ever go back to Asurion. If they send me this Arrive and its a refurb I will be highly upset though.

gTen 10-29-2011 04:45 PM

There is really not much to worry, the one who is picky is usually sprint, through asuraun they just handle insurance. They'll take your phone as is.

That said I hope your on a new plan and not on an old plan, or that Arrive won't activate.

eric12341 10-29-2011 06:07 PM

Really nothing to worry about in regards to the arrive, it will have mango on it or it will be updated to mango as soon as u connect with Zune. If u have that TP2 working still I would try to get ur contacts into a hotmail account (preferably new one) so that they can transfer easily to the arrive.

MizzPrincezz 10-31-2011 05:27 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for replying... I received the Arrive today in the mail and it was a refurb which was saddening but oh well. I had previously backed up all of my contacts through Google when I installed Android on my TP2. I like the new interface but I am very bothered by there being no removable memory card slot. I will have to dig for my memory card adapter to copy everything through Zune (yuck). I will continue to lurk and comment on the TP2 forum though.

eric12341 10-31-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzPrincezz (Post 2153429)
Hi everyone, thanks for replying... I received the Arrive today in the mail and it was a refurb which was saddening but oh well. I had previously backed up all of my contacts through Google when I installed Android on my TP2. I like the new interface but I am very bothered by there being no removable memory card slot. I will have to dig for my memory card adapter to copy everything through Zune (yuck). I will continue to lurk and comment on the TP2 forum though.

@MizzPrincezz don't really need to do all of that, if the music files are in a folder on the computer u can set Zune to automatically add and monitor those folders it was done automatically in my case, u also need to connect to Zune anyway to install mango onto it if it already isn't installed. As for the sd card if ur daring enough u can operate on the unit urself to install a different card. There are tutorials that show this being done.

teradog 11-01-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzPrincezz (Post 2153429)

Can you please share your plan details?

Do you have a Simply Everything plan?
How much per month for plan only?

MizzPrincezz 11-08-2011 03:19 AM

I have Everything Data Family/Share 1500 (total of 3 lines)= 129.99
1 Extra line= 19.99
2 Smartphones Premium Data= 20.00
2 TEP= 16.00
All together it was 185.98 this month