PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
hey eric , i too have been suffering from the horrible speeds , i just flashed a VZW prl and my woes have been solved !
I received a message from sprint this morning saying "your connection issues should be resolved. if problem persist, please contact us again. gooday"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
hey eric , i too have been suffering from the horrible speeds , i just flashed a VZW prl and my woes have been solved !
@elesbb yea I can't just do that. I'm actually on my way out. I have all my slow speed situations in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...ed-11-4-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
I received a message from sprint this morning saying "your connection issues should be resolved. if problem persist, please contact us again. gooday"
@aedon yea I got that message too on 9/29 and my speeds are still shit. Which is the reason y the thread above exists. Needless to say im almost out of contract and hopefully I can get out of it. I'm paying $90 for mobile broadband not mobile dialup!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@elesbb yea I can't just do that. I'm actually on my way out. I have all my slow speed situations in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...ed-11-4-a.html
ohhhh .. why are there speeds so crappy anyhow ? it just doesnt make sense they were never this bad before:/
Old 11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
ohhhh .. why are there speeds so crappy anyhow ? it just doesnt make sense they were never this bad before:/
For 2 simple reasons. Before limited amount of phones used Rev A, only the top end phones. Now every phone uses Rev A. Also Sprint has had a leasing deal with others and when it expired, instead of continuing the lease they chose to be cheap and sign a 3g roaming agreement instead.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
For 2 simple reasons. Before limited amount of phones used Rev A, only the top end phones. Now every phone uses Rev A. Also Sprint has had a leasing deal with others and when it expired, instead of continuing the lease they chose to be cheap and sign a 3g roaming agreement instead.
so there is like too much traffic on the network ? why does VZW and att not have the issues ?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Likely because most of their towers have upgraded throughput.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
so there is like too much traffic on the network ? why does VZW and att not have the issues ?
@elesbb
AT&T had the issues too when the iPhone first came out and in some areas they're still suffering. As a result T-mobile now has the fastest network. VZ has the issue as well wherever the towers haven't been upgraded. I just don't get y its taking sprint too long to upgrade the towers in my area its supposed to be an overnight job yet its taking 9 months so far. Needless to say I'm canceling my contract this week.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Because they were greedy. See a year ago they owned half the towers and leased half the towers. When the lease expired they figured they'd save some money and re-negotiate from leasing to 3G roaming.

So effectively you have half the towers now servicing the same amount of people. Not to mention the towers they own they sold the maintenance to a 3rd party contractor who is not as interested in doing whats best for Sprint but to accomplish their task as cheap as possible to increase profit.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:00 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
@elesbb
AT&T had the issues too when the iPhone first came out and in some areas they're still suffering. As a result T-mobile now has the fastest network. VZ has the issue as well wherever the towers haven't been upgraded. I just don't get y its taking sprint too long to upgrade the towers in my area its supposed to be an overnight job yet its taking 9 months so far. Needless to say I'm canceling my contract this week.
Good for you but there is nothing wrong with verizons towers by me. 10x better than sprint. Although in 2013 when our contract is up we may give tmobile a try if they are still around and have cheaper plans.

At this point id never recommend sprint to anyone. I dont care how good the phone selection is currently.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

My mom and I both have SERO, so we have to buy the phones online cause we would loose sero if we buy them instore.
So my mom ordered one online and had it billed to the account.

So now that she payed it off, I was going to order mine.
But it wouldnt let me bill it to the account.
I talked to a rep in the chatt and she said that as of september no new costumer could have a phone billed to the account.

so I said "im not a new customer, ive had an account for almost 10 years now. AND, my mom just bought hers and billed it the the account on october 5th"

So then I got transfered to another chat and I told them the situation and they said "sorry but as of october 5th, all phone payments are requiered upfront, we no longer accept add to bill payments."

so i said fuck it and left the chat
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2