PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Connect with Facebook

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 PM
EyeB's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: KC
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 562
Reputation: 230
EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

I just didnt like the tiles, they kind of remind me of phones from 15 years ago... large "icons" except they move now

I do like WM, or rather I like the manilia, don't need a "desktop" look with how android/ios is set up since I don't use all that many apps. Just need news app/weather/calendar/alarm and clock lol.

plus more than anything else, I just like my $30/month sero lol. I know virgin has android on for unlimited text/data for $35/month... but I just don't use my phone all that often. Aside from reading news and using it for quick calendar/alarm I still use my phone as a phone. The new "phones" seem to forgotten what a "phone" is and i just don't feel like they make calls are well, namely, it doesn't have TP2's speakerphone feature. I know android phones can get this with apps, but phones aren't designed for calling it seems now.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
gTen's Avatar
"The Fuzzy One"
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Internet
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,855
Reputation: 9075
gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I just didnt like the tiles, they kind of remind me of phones from 15 years ago... large "icons" except they move now

I do like WM, or rather I like the manilia, don't need a "desktop" look with how android/ios is set up since I don't use all that many apps. Just need news app/weather/calendar/alarm and clock lol.

plus more than anything else, I just like my $30/month sero lol. I know virgin has android on for unlimited text/data for $35/month... but I just don't use my phone all that often. Aside from reading news and using it for quick calendar/alarm I still use my phone as a phone. The new "phones" seem to forgotten what a "phone" is and i just don't feel like they make calls are well, namely, it doesn't have TP2's speakerphone feature. I know android phones can get this with apps, but phones aren't designed for calling it seems now.
Well its kinda where we are heading, once we have full LTE coverage all voice will be handled by VOIP. Right now all those phone services provided by phone companies are already VOIP. And there have been advancements in phone features as well, I remember there is a new motorola phone that has 3 mics for better noise cancellation for example.
__________________
Earn some spare cash and get cash back at stores like NewEgg and more:

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Sc/ant864's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Reputation: 205
Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
amen . they simply do amazing work ! our hardware on the tp2 just sucks lol
Dude seriously? The TP2 was never designed to run android and please don't smile in the face of the devs only to stab them in the back, I seriously doubt ACL or highlandsun would find the comments by you and biga humorous.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
__________________
"I'm the Keymaster, Are you the Gatekeeper?"


GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 AM
schumifer's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: gsm
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
schumifer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Still on this phone and loving it.
Does practically everything i need, i use 5-6 programs for my work almost everyday, i have set and customized it in a way that anything else seems unusable to me.
Its keyboard will never be surpassed judging from current "pro" versions...
Don't need the devs, since they already did everything there was to be done for this phone. Using a 6.5 version, with not much eye candy but enough still!
I don't get all the fuss about screen resolution and colors. I feel fine with mine. It's a phone ...wtf?
Got 2 batteries for a full usage of 5 days , a silicone 2-part case that protects it (i got proof!!!) and a screen protector (changes whenever necessary, 10 or so more are waiting patiently their turn to humbly serve !).
Got the video-out cable (still sealed in its original bag-darned useless purchase, but it was cheap!).
And we are having our 2-year anniversary next month...

And yes, i am not stupid. I too would wish for a processor with ..."balls" and a camera that is less much of a joke...but it comes with the package. And this package is a keeper

PS. Will not go to WP7 or iOS . Android is the only way to go for me, if and when i decide to
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2011, 01:35 PM
biga1's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint/boost
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 24
Reputation: 65
biga1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Dude seriously? The TP2 was never designed to run android and please don't smile in the face of the devs only to stab them in the back, I seriously doubt ACL or highlandsun would find the comments by you and biga humorous.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
My point exactly. Thanks for re-confirming what the devs and forums have stated-TP2 was never designed to run android... Nothing funny about the truth. What's funny are the users who insist on running Angry Birds on TP2.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
mastergadgets's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon
Location: Molino, Florida
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 416
Reputation: 355
mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
because u don't understand the tiles

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
I understand the tiles just fine. Still don't like them.
You bash anyone that says anything against MS. If you dont like what is being said here, go somewhere else!
Grow up!
__________________
If I helped, hit the "Thanks" button!
---------------------------------
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Last edited by mastergadgets; 10-31-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
eric12341's Avatar
Banned User
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,884
Reputation: 2795
eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
I understand the tiles just fine. Still don't like them.
You bash anyone that says anything against MS. If you dont like what is being said here, go somewhere else!
Grow up!
@mastergadgets I wasn't bashing u I just said that u may be among one of the many on this site who expressed negative opinions towards WP in one of the first front page articles about it. Half of them who had such an opinion ended up liking it after trying it. Wish I could pull up that article but they know who they are. I think @Aleki was one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Sc/ant864's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Reputation: 205
Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biga1 View Post
My point exactly. Thanks for re-confirming what the devs and forums have stated-TP2 was never designed to run android... Nothing funny about the truth. What's funny are the users who insist on running Angry Birds on TP2.
What's wrong with trying to play angry birds? Yes its choppy as hell and pretty much unplayable on the TP2, but why does that bother you?
I cannot wait until OMGB is fully functional (if it happens) so we'll get less comments on " Waaaa this doesn't work or boohoo my data.img is corrupt". Just save your comments on the builds if you don't like them.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
aedon's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Location: Austin Tx
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 622
Reputation: 1780
aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
What's wrong with trying to play angry birds? Yes its choppy as hell and pretty much unplayable on the TP2, but why does that bother you?
I cannot wait until OMGB is fully functional (if it happens) so we'll get less comments on " Waaaa this doesn't work or boohoo my data.img is corrupt". Just save your comments on the builds if you don't like them.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app
If you turn the background off it runs alot smoother.

and to eric, Ive tried it out every time I go to the sprint store, but I just like the tiles.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
gTen's Avatar
"The Fuzzy One"
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Internet
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,855
Reputation: 9075
gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
If you turn the background off it runs alot smoother.

and to eric, Ive tried it out every time I go to the sprint store, but I just don't like the tiles.
lol fixed..
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com