PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
couldn't have said it better myself !! its cool every once in a while , but everyday hell no . and @aedon Eric showed me a thread about cooking ROMs for windows phone 7 and a bunch of other hacking things , after I read that , it may make my upgrade choice a bit harder . but agreed on iPhone , they just suck . and I don't think windows phone 7 is iPhone wanna be , nothing about windows phone 7 is like iPhone , its a million times better . if you don't like techy stuff and tweaking , then windows phone 7 is for you .

But in the sense that they are both restricted and not hackable then it is like iphone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 8XT
Carrier: Sprint

rvgammill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to rvgammill

My TP2 has been a workhorse and I have loved it. I want to thank GoodThings2Life for his excellent Tweaks... u de Man! I have hauled it to Africa and Ecuador where it worked as a phone and a great travel aid, if not a WM device. I am hauling it to Bishkek, but may switch to a different device there. It depends on what they have going on. TP2 relaced my TP to get two radios for world travel. In the US it has been indispensible with all of its tricked out s**t. Actually, if I ditch TP2 in Kyrg, the next thing will have to really rock.

Vic

Ruthlessly Optimistic, Relentlessly Positive
Old 10-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Trying not to acknowledge those @aedon posts. But yea anyway I love WM been with it since 2004 when I got a hp h1910 as a gift then upgraded to a Dell axim x50 but was later upgraded to an x51v because of all the problems (seems dell still hasn't learned their lesson because even the dell venue pro is having issues) I then moved on to a TP in 2009 and in may 2010 being frustrated with the battery issues I was having (dying and overheating on the charger) after it did that during a phone call with my gf at the time I called sprint and they replaced it with a TP2 which I still have but no longer in primary use as I now have an HTC arrive.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint/boost

biga1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
couldn't have said it better myself !! its cool every once in a while , but everyday hell no .
no disrespect to the XDAndroid devs and testers. Just that my tp2 is my work phone and I can't count the times where it has functioned as my back-up pc and mobile office. Unfortunately, I depend on my phone too much. Most likely will switch to a native Android device cause I still like to play phone nerd. I've learned a lot from WM and much thanks goes to the PPCGeeks.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Trying not to acknowledge those @aedon posts. But yea anyway I love WM been with it since 2004 when I got a hp h1910 as a gift then upgraded to a Dell axim x50 but was later upgraded to an x51v because of all the problems (seems dell still hasn't learned their lesson because even the dell venue pro is having issues) I then moved on to a TP in 2009 and in may 2010 being frustrated with the battery issues I was having (dying and overheating on the charger) after it did that during a phone call with my gf at the time I called sprint and they replaced it with a TP2 which I still have but no longer in primary use as I now have an HTC arrive.
lol, sorry eric, but its just not the same. Im glad it works for you, but its not for me. not now anyway
the day windows phone 7 becomes as customizable as windows mobile i'll jump back on the band wagon. But it just doesnt work for me at this point in time.
I just dont like the interface of the tiles at all, and I want to be able to skin things on there like I have on window mobile.

Sorry if it bothers you that Im not into windows 7 as much as you are, but on another note when I brought up the iphone you called it the iphony so youve got a distaste too :b

Last edited by aedon; 10-28-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Ir's really a shame the MS just dumped WM. They shut down everything WM and then they expect us to support W7? I'm with aedon, I don't like the W7 interface with the tiles and no customizability.
WAKE UP MICROSOFT!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:25 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

umma stick with 6.5 until win7 makes a turn or explodes in its track
Phuk it:
TP2 for now
Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biga1 View Post
no disrespect to the XDAndroid devs and testers.
amen . they simply do amazing work ! our hardware on the tp2 just sucks lol
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
Ir's really a shame the MS just dumped WM. They shut down everything WM and then they expect us to support W7? I'm with aedon, I don't like the W7 interface with the tiles and no customizability.
WAKE UP MICROSOFT!!!!
because u don't understand the tiles

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
because u don't understand the tiles

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
lol eric give it up, from experience I'll tell you...there are people who hated touchwiz because they heard bad things about it, there are people who hated it cause they heard it looks like an iphone a bit. And there are people who flat out don't like it. People can change their minds if they heard something, then tried it.

But if they already tried it and they don't like it, its impossible to convince them to like it.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2