PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

turner_1976 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Probably been discussed 1000 times...

Hello all,

I am new to both the site and the TP2...Looking at the sheer number of posts on this phone, I am sure this topic has been reviewed, but here goes...Got the phone off of ebay with Mighty ROM pre-installed. Just activated the phone yesterday and all is well except that I cannot access 3g (Wi-Fi, phone, and texting all work). Any advice? I would prefer not to have to unroot the phone, but the Sprint tech that I spoke to over the phone said that this is what I would have to do. I would prefer to leave the ROM as is and be able to access 3g. Thanks in advance for any help offered (also, I am a newbie ROM, Kitchens, etc. so please be gentle)...

Thanks in advance...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Probably been discussed 1000 times...

try flashing back to stock sprint rom and seeing if it works? The flashing part isnt all that hard if it is already unlocked.

But it might be that the touch pro 2 you bought had verizon's radio installed on it? not sure how to tell this though...

Another case that happens when I activate phones is that you need a hard reset to provision it again to sprint. cab is here, downlaod and install it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1541056
Old 09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner_1976 View Post
Hello all,

I am new to both the site and the TP2...Looking at the sheer number of posts on this phone, I am sure this topic has been reviewed, but here goes...Got the phone off of ebay with Mighty ROM pre-installed. Just activated the phone yesterday and all is well except that I cannot access 3g (Wi-Fi, phone, and texting all work). Any advice? I would prefer not to have to unroot the phone, but the Sprint tech that I spoke to over the phone said that this is what I would have to do. I would prefer to leave the ROM as is and be able to access 3g. Thanks in advance for any help offered (also, I am a newbie ROM, Kitchens, etc. so please be gentle)...

Thanks in advance...
my first recommendation would be to update the sprint prl , i believe Mighty ROM has that option in its settings if not i can upload you a cab.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
try flashing back to stock sprint rom and seeing if it works? The flashing part isnt all that hard if it is already unlocked.

But it might be that the touch pro 2 you bought had verizon's radio installed on it? not sure how to tell this though...

Another case that happens when I activate phones is that you need a hard reset to provision it again to sprint. cab is here, downlaod and install it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1541056

verizons radio will not interfere with 3g . however provisioning will , good call on that one , i just assumed it was a sprint phone , so OP try the provisioning cab and the update PRL . good luck
Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turner_1976 is a n00b

Thanks for the responses...Quick question: Which is the preferred method of fixing? Updating the PRL or flashing back to Sprint. To clarify, this is a Sprint phone. Also, will flashing back to Sprint prevent me from using Mighty ROM in the future? IOW, if I flash back to Mighty ROM, will I lose 3g again? Thanks again for the responses...
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turner_1976 is a n00b

One more thing that I forgot to mention...When I called Sprint they wanted me to "Update Profile" in the phone (this is located in Settings -> System Folder)...The Update Profile option is not available (this is what clued tech support in that I had a different ROM) also PRL is not there either. Is there a way to have these to features added back to Mighty ROM? Thanks...
Old 09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; MSM Build/FRX07) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

As long as the phone is unlocked, you can flash any CDMA ROM you like. Watch out for those GSM ROMs for other carriers.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turner_1976 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
my first recommendation would be to update the sprint prl , i believe Mighty ROM has that option in its settings if not i can upload you a cab.
I cannot find any area in the phone where I can update the PRL. Do you mind uploading a cab? Thank you!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MR.X_Sprint_PRL_FW_Profile_Update.cab (739.1 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

turner_1976 is a n00b

Thanks! I will try to install these two cabs later and hope that they work (fingers crossed)...Is there a cab for "Update Profile"? Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2