PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

imbrucelee is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how can i use sprint htc touch pro 2 as a modem for my laptop??

HELP!! Im trying to connect/ tether my touch pro 2 to my lap top and I keep getting an error code message:
error code: 67
error code 67 registration failure. Your pcs vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again
this pops up whenever I try to use the internet sharing function. I called sprint they said its impossible to do, they don’t have that phone as a modem feature. Ive read I need to change the registry, but don’t know how. The phone is the latest version with the wanna be android menu. Im completely lost, and not familiar with any of this stuff. Thank you!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: how can i use sprint htc touch pro 2 as a modem for my laptop??

Take a look at this thread here... I think you will find what you are looking for! Enjoy!

TP2 ICS (internet conection sharing)

Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

imbrucelee is a n00b

no not really it was just more of what ive already heard i guess i need the programs or step by step how to get to the registry or download that cab stuff etc.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

I would consider installing a custom Rom that will enable all the goodies that your phone can provide. There are plenty of good ones available here. If you want to get ICS working with the stock Rom, here are the steps:

1. Okkay, first you need to download and install:

Download TaskMgr v3.3 for WM6.5 (CAB file)

2. Next, you have to set cm guardian to start manually in dotfred (launch dotfred, then click on the drop down and select services...cm guardian will be in there.

3. Soft Reset

4. Once that is done then you can install the ICS cab below.

ICS_and_WModem_Fix.cab

5. Try running your Internet sharing app. If it works, great! If not, try the following:

Using the Registry Editor included in Dotfred's editor, edit the following:

Delete the "isext.dll" entry located here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="isexy.dll"

Change ForceCellConnection to Sprint, if it is not already done so:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

You may have to create this DWORD entry if it is not already there:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

Check here:

[HKLM\Services\CMGuaridan]
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD Value. if it doesn't exist. you need to create it)

Change the following if needed. If you are missing some of these entries, don't worry. There is no need to create them:

[HKLM\Software\OEM\WModem]
CheckProfile = 0
Multi-NAI = 0
WModemDUN = 0

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing]

LastCellConnection = Sprint

Soft Reset

6.Then go into the Windows directory on your phone using a File Explorer and make a backup copy of the IntShr.exe file and save it to another directory. This will be your backup to save just in case you have any problems in the future.

Then go back to the Windows directory and make a copy of IntShrUI.exe. Save it to another directory. Then rename the IntShrUI.exe copied file to IntShr.exe . Copy that file and place it back into the Windows directory. A prompt will pop up asking if you want to overwrite the existing file. Select "Overwrite." You will get a message stating that this is a ROM file and it is dangerous blah blah. Ignore that. The reason to do all of this is because the original IntShr.exe is not protected against tethering and doesn't offer the Sprint/Phone As Modem option. This is what I mean:

That is also the same file that pops up when you select Internet Sharing whenever you connect your phone to your PC using USB. You don't want that. BY making these changes, now every time you connect your phone to your PC via USB, and you select Internet Sharing, it will start up the correct ICS file. This is the screen you want popping up:

Now, Reboot.

7.You should make sure to turn "Data Connection" on in the Comm Manager. Connect your phone via USB cable to your PC. When the selection screen pops up on your phone (ActiveSync, Disk Drive, Internet Sharing), make sure to select Internet Sharing.

Select Sprint under type of connection, if it is not already selected.
Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application, although it may connect automatically.

8.You're done.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 08-19-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

imbrucelee is a n00b

first.. I F'IN LOVE YOU!!!! second took me a good 2 hours the first way didnt work, then this "isext.dll" wasnt in the registry, then when i renamed the file and tried to paste it back it wouldnt let me something about file protected etc, and it wouldnt let me delete the original file either.. but i renamed it pasted it in the main section not under windows rebooted and.. the rest is history.. I OWE YOU HUGE!! DDDDD <--big a$$ smile on my face!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea @Tinkerbell has got it going on
Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey @Tinkerbell - thanks for the info... I was just trying to figure this out - but...

does this apply for my TP2 that does not have Sprint service anymore? I have sharkie's rom there - I installed the 1st two links, but I do not see a "DotFred" application - I saw the taskmanager in a folder called "system"

I thought I could just connect the Tp2 to a wifi and turn on the wifi-router AND then have a wifi device connect to my SSID TP2... the only 2 options I had from wifi router were sprint / phone as a modem.

I saw the ICS application in sharkie's rom but it gave me a USB connection option - tried connecting my tablet pc to the phone via usb but got the similar sprint error message as the OP.

When I tried connecting via USB to the device - it says local area connection connected 10,00MBps - and stuck on "identifying" - this is on a windows 7 pro 32 OS.

Also in the ICS settings advanced menu - there are network options for ISP / Data / Sprint / work (2 areas for this)...

I havent touched the registry instructions - just installed both cabs (soft reset in between both).

At this point, I have :

a) enabled wifi on TP2 and connected to the wifi network I want
b) installed both cabs
c) I have a usb cable (but I thought I could also connect without it - but that doesn't seem to work when trying wifi-router)

Thanks in advance to any walkthrough on this.

Last edited by vancomycin; 08-19-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

@imbrucelee Thank you for your kind words! I am glad that you got it working there!! Woohoo!! Great effort!

@eric12341 Thank you for your encouragement! I have learned so much from you guys... just trying to pay it forward!

@vancomycin I am not sure what you are trying to do there. Are you trying to get on the Sprint network with a phone that does not have Sprint service? I guess I am just a bit confused. If you explain what you are trying to do, I am sure we can help!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@Tinker - sorry for confusion :

I upgraded my tp2 to the photon. So now my tp2 does not have active sprint data or voice. The sprint service is now on the photon.

I want to connect my tp2 to my wifi network and then have my other wifi or non wifi ready devices to connect to my tp2 and use the tp2 as an access point. Either by finding my tp2 or via usb or both. So after trying some of the above steps - this did not seem to work for me...

I hope it's something not too bad to get around.

Basically the TP2 is now officially a wifi device and no longer has sprint data or voice features since transferring those features to a new phone. I still want to use the TP2 as a router or access point to allow other devices to connect to the TP2 either by usb cable or device wifi detecting the TP2...

This was all leading to a recent topic I made :

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-make-use.html

Last edited by vancomycin; 08-19-2011 at 08:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Umm... humm... I am going to have to think about that one for awhile. I don't know if that is possible because you are trying to broadcast and receive with the same radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2