PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
updating radio question, not about unlocking

I noticed that the 6.5 rom has a newer radio but I want to stay on wm6.1 which has the older radio.

Any way I can update this without flashing a radio? Since I'm not security unlocked, I don't want to brick the phone updating radio :S

edit: ok I updated radio without problems, mods can delete/lock this thread if it helps keep forum clean

Last edited by EyeB; 07-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: updating radio question, not about unlocking

you don't have to be security unlocked , just hardSPL unlocked . and if you do a update firmware from your phone it should update the radio to the latest without flashing .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

Hm, odd I thought that, but I used the update firmware and radio number is still the 1.something one instead of the 2.something.

I'll find one to download then later, I'm hardspl unlocked
Old 07-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Hm, odd I thought that, but I used the update firmware and radio number is still the 1.something one instead of the 2.something.

I'll find one to download then later, I'm hardspl unlocked
that is strange . go into your EPST and check what firmware it says . but here is a list of radios . http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...-included.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

what is epst? in the device info, says the radio is 1.96.00wf

thanks for the link, I saw that it says it needed security unlocked so I wasn't tempted to try it :S

edit: but what is advantage of newer radio? I mean is there any real reason for me to update it?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You can't update your radio unless you flash it to your device which you would have to be hspl unlocked to do. The only advantage to using a different radio is a possible gain in signal strength and less battery consumption. It is a crap shoot though so you could experience a loss in performance.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

hm, i hoped it wasnt flashed with the rom... Because I'm using sprint's stock 6.1 rom (I like it right now) but wanted a newer radio. But the stock rom has the older radio which is why I wanted a newer radio but with old wm6.1
Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Most custom roms do not include a radio. As long as you are hspl unlocked you can flash a newer radio version without affecting your rom because the radio flashes to a seperate location. You can flash a different radio and still use your current rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

k thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2