PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Time for a replacement? (Again)

I dont know why but my replacements dont last long at all . The issue im having now, when trying to send a text message , while being in full coverage , and even 4g . It says message not sent , out of coverage ... someone help ? ive tried every ROM possible . Im on the Sprint Stock ROM LOCKED . As i am sick of this problem .. Im thinking its a bad radio . Or something like that . Even after hard resets it still does this . but it goes away and then starts again .. it drives me insane .
Old 05-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Time for a replacement? (Again)

that is weird. sounds like it may be a problem on ur account or maybe its a sprint cell site/tower issue like im currently experiencing with my data. nonetheless u still can try different radios before u go and call sprint.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

From what I heard this is an issue with Sprint...aka all devices are having this issue in areas that are effected...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
I dont know why but my replacements dont last long at all . The issue im having now, when trying to send a text message , while being in full coverage , and even 4g . It says message not sent , out of coverage ... someone help ? ive tried every ROM possible . Im on the Sprint Stock ROM LOCKED . As i am sick of this problem .. Im thinking its a bad radio . Or something like that . Even after hard resets it still does this . but it goes away and then starts again .. it drives me insane .
Try a different radio like the original 1.96 version that is with the 6.1 rom.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post

When did the TP2 get 4G? LOL

It could be any number of things bro...
Do you have the same issue after a hard reset and on the stock rom?
p.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
From what I heard this is an issue with Sprint...aka all devices are having this issue in areas that are effected...
you are correct sir, sprint will confim it if you call also. lots of evo and epic peeps having issue also.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Hmm.... I haven't noticed on my EVO.
I'll have to pay closer attention. But no issues here... Do you think it's a regional issue?
p.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Hmm.... I haven't noticed on my EVO.
I'll have to pay closer attention. But no issues here... Do you think it's a regional issue?
p.
i know its widespread but im in central pa with no issues either so.....
Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

So the OP should get in contact with Sprint to hopefully resolve this issue?

OP... You might end up with another replacement phone as techs ususally order a replacement when they can replicate your concerns and cannot find a way to fix it. First they try a hard reset and if that doesn't do it... They order a new (refurb) phone.

p.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i know its widespread but im in central pa with no issues either so.....
and how are 3G speeds in this area? as the forum knows already mine have been shit but today I have noticed some improvement. haven't gotten any overheating like I used to and speed tests that I've performed in the last hour yielded speeds hovering between 450 and 674 with a peak speed of 958. if it stays this way i will finally be able to enjoy my Netflix without interruption.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2