PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: bla

OMnia666 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turning off Assisted Dialing

Hi everyone,

First post here, so I hope it's up to standards.
A few months ago my girlfriend bought a TP2 from Verizon in the US and had it shipped here to Israel. When we received it, we had the problem that the Assisted Dialing was on. We managed to fix it, I don't remember how, and it hasn't troubled us since. Today she hard-retested the device, and the problem is back with us. I looked everywhere, and the common solution is Phone -> Menu -> Assisted Dialing. However, that option doesn't exist in the phone's menu...
We tried every setting we could think of. Is there anyone here that can help us?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Dean_L is a n00b
Re: Turning off Assisted Dialing

It might help to tell us what the phone is doing. I see no "assisted dialing" setting on my TP_2 whatsoever. Maybe describe the problem better and we can help then.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:40 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMnia666 View Post
Hi everyone,

First post here, so I hope it's up to standards.
A few months ago my girlfriend bought a TP2 from Verizon in the US and had it shipped here to Israel. When we received it, we had the problem that the Assisted Dialing was on. We managed to fix it, I don't remember how, and it hasn't troubled us since. Today she hard-retested the device, and the problem is back with us. I looked everywhere, and the common solution is Phone -> Menu -> Assisted Dialing. However, that option doesn't exist in the phone's menu...
We tried every setting we could think of. Is there anyone here that can help us?

Thanks.
Is this what your asking for..to remove the +1 thats added when dialing? If so, press talk to bring up the dialer, then hit menu (bottom right), then "global smart dialing", and uncheck "Enable global smart dialing".

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 04-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

OMnia666 is a n00b

lnando84: Yes, that's what I meant, but there is no such option in the menu. None of the options mention anything of the kind. That is why I posted here...

Dean_L: Please see above.

One more piece of information I forgot to mention before - When bringing up the phone app, at the top it says "Assisted Dialing On" on the left and there's a kind of crosshair on the right. However, touching any part of this doesn't seem to do anything...

Anyone?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Can you explain what sort of problem you had when assisted dialing was on? Did it not allow you to do something?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

OMnia666 is a n00b

It adds the +1 at the beginning, which has no use in Israel. Basically, it forces my girlfriend to call every number using the full international number, which is both very inconvenient and creates a problem when trying to call special numbers (such as 1-800 numbers etc.).
Old 05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Dean_L is a n00b

Try this, use Phone app, then menu, then options, then right arrow at the top to go over to CDMA services, then highlight Plus Code Dialing, click get settings at the bottom.

Last edited by Dean_L; 05-05-2011 at 06:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2