PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

knifesong is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Goodbye Touch Pro 2!

I wish I could say it was a good run, but our relationship was rocky from the start. Sure, you said we would work out great once you got in shape and shed your stock ROM... but alas, that was never to be. Mighty ROM, Energy, one or two others. You would sleep randomly, often without waking. Sometimes I'd try to end a call and you wouldn't hang up. Other times I'd get into google maps and you would just go off and do your own thing. Web surfing? Ha! That's a good one. From time to time you'd hit a web page, and when you did, would you be able to handle it? Gmail? Oh my, now that was taking on more than you could chew. Through it all, I held out hopes for a fully functioning android port. That was another exercise in futility. Took forever for battery indicators to work. Speaker issues galore. Screen sensitivity issues. Battery would die quickly.

I'm so frustrated with you, old touch pro 2, that I've actually switched back to my CENTRO. That's right, CENTRO. The web browser stinks but I find it still works better than yours! ...and I can actually make phone calls and send text messages.

You shall now find yourself for sale on craigslist. At this point I'd settle for enough money to buy a hot dog and Snapple. If I managed to get enough for that, I'd derive more satisfaction from that paltry meal that you've ever given me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Goodbye Touch Pro 2!

hate to break it to ya but almost all issues posted are user related and simple to "fix" with tweaks. i still use my tp2 from time to time and i have 0 issues using vins custom roms and simple tweaks posted all over ppcg.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KickYoAss is a n00b

Trust me, I totally understand your frustration. I'm on my 8th or 9th custom ROM swap. It's strange, I can usually get 2-4 months on a new ROM. But after only a few hard resets, there are new problems that weren't there when I first flashed the rom. So I switch, all the time. It's refreshing. I tried sharkie recently, but it lasted 2 weeks. I can't EVER check my damn text messages, which makes me want to club a few baby sea eels, but won't for the fear of electrocution.
So, I'm here today for a new rom, hopefully it works well for me, and I hope your next phone won't be as finicky bud.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickYoAss View Post
Trust me, I totally understand your frustration. I'm on my 8th or 9th custom ROM swap. It's strange, I can usually get 2-4 months on a new ROM. But after only a few hard resets, there are new problems that weren't there when I first flashed the rom. So I switch, all the time. It's refreshing. I tried sharkie recently, but it lasted 2 weeks. I can't EVER check my damn text messages, which makes me want to club a few baby sea eels, but won't for the fear of electrocution.
So, I'm here today for a new rom, hopefully it works well for me, and I hope your next phone won't be as finicky bud.
like i said, no issues on these roms. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...6-28244-a.html
Old 04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff

Centro over TP2?????????

I get it..April Fools, right?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I kninda know what you mean... When I had her... She was a workhorse... I kept her on her upgraded version of stock rom (6.5) ... Still a bit overweight but she worked for me... We called, texted, tweeted, and even facebooked. Towards the end of our relationship though... I found myself attracted to others. Others that offered me so much more... I stuck with her because she could give me access to my exchange mail and my Microsoft Office documents... Then I heard about this tall slender beautiful EVO. She could give me EVERYTHING my TP2 could and she could do it better faster and with a much better and friendlier experience. I fought her advances as I felt love for TP2's parent Microsoft, I loved feeling her physical keyboard and felt it would take me time to acclamate to anything less. The little creepy green robot also turned me off. But the longer I went and the more I saw that cool friends I long cared to hang with like Pandora and Angry Birds and so on and so forth... The more I found myself going to the Sprint store to flirt with EVO and her cousin Epic.
Epic attempted to seduce me with her keyboard but it was no where near as nice as TP2's so I didn't bite besides EVO's 4.3" personality really shone through and she is so slender and shiny. When I saw her wearing a white back it was over. I fell hook line and sinker. I left TP2 on my nightstand as a wifi Slacker player and secondary charger for my EVO battery as they are the same size. I talk to TP2 from time to time... But compared to EVO she looks fatter than ever and she's so unresponsive to my touch and she always wants me to use a marital aid on her (stilus). I can't quite let go of her yet because we have lots of memories together. But every day I see her less and less. EVO is ALWAYS at my side and has yet to dissapoint me or make me regret my decision. But the cycle continues... EVO's younger sister is just as thin and has the same 4.3" personality but this one is 3D and she's got a younger faster heart... She calls my name from time to time but only from the other side of my monitor. I have not yet enjoyed carressing her but I will. EVO will be jealous but she'll get over it. Who can blame me... I'm only a man.
p.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Are you callin' my girl fat!? I'd say she's well proportioned and curvy! :P
Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah... She's just as fat as her little sister Arrive... But at least Arrive can haz Netflix and is responsive to my touch and doesn't ask for a stilus. She also is much faster. But I couldn't see myself with her as she will not accept my card full of memories and makes me jump through hoops just to get my music in her. I need room for expansion. I don't always have internet access. Like at work... So the whole cloud thing as nice as it sounds just doesn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong... She's really cute... But you won't see her on the cover of a magazine anytime soon.
p.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I still love the TP2!! =]=]

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

And I know many many people who still love her.
She just couldn't keep up with my lifestyle. Had I not strayed... I may still be with her poking at her with that stylus of hers and massaging her perk little keys.
LOL.

p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2