PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can someone please help my TP2 to run fast?

Hey guys. My HTC TP2 has been giving me problems since day 1 and has been replaced 6 times. It suck, but for now I am stuck with it. Can someone please tell me what to do or what to download to get this thing running optimal?

If possible, can you please give a step by step on how to do this with posted links. I am new to this whole thing and I've been reading the site but do not understand all the phone vocabulary. I see there are numerous things to do to this phone but not sure what to do.

Also my GPS always says GPS signal is too weak and never connects. This has been a constant problem with all 6 "replacements". When Sprint splurged to give a brand new one a couple of times, the problem went away, but the replacements have the problem. Any advice on this too? Thanks guys, I really appreciate any help. The stores and customer service are no help.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; FROYO X Build/FROYO X) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Start reading and learning. That is really the only way you can learn to help yourself. A little info on what you are currently running would also help.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b
Re: Can someone please help my TP2 to run fast?

[QUOTE= A little info on what you are currently running would also help.[/QUOTE]

I have read and read and do not understand where to start which is the reason I've posted this question. I am not sure what I am running. How do I find out? Help me help you to help me. Thank you.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Hey Thekid1! What he was asking is, what have you done to your phone. Have you flashed anything to it, or are you running the stock Rom? This phone can fill your needs when properly set up! Do not worry!! =)=)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

elcapo24682 is becoming a great contributor

Ok I'll try. I'm not gonna recommend that u flash a custom rom yet so the first thing ull want to do is install THIS then ull want to follow the directions in this thread tip #3 in that thread gives the biggest speed increase IMO. This reduces the need to have to over clock. Hope this helps.

Last edited by elcapo24682; 03-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Hey Thekid1! What he was asking is, what have you done to your phone. Have you flashed anything to it, or are you running the stock Rom? This phone can fill your needs when properly set up! Do not worry!! =)=)
Thanks Tinkerbell. Yes I am running Stock Rom. Fresh Reset. This phone has been driving me nuts for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapo24682 View Post
Ok I'll try. I'm not gonna recommend that u flash a custom rom yet so the first thing ull want to do is install THIS then ull want to follow the directions in this thread tip #3 in that thread gives the biggest speed increase IMO. This reduces the need to have to over clock. Hope this helps.

Ok, Elcapo, thanks for your help. Ok now this is what I've done so far.

1) Hard Reset my phone
2) Then I downloaded and installed Sprint Cleanup Cab
3) Then I have downloaded and installed the Sprint TP2 tweaks wm65 cab that you have mentioned.

Now that link you've posted for "note # 3", how do I delete that stuff or change it. I don't know how to access it.

Now what else can I download that will help?...so far 1), 2), and 3) successfully installed....not sure what the #3 did though.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned User

To do some of the tweaks that I posted in the above thread u need to download a registry editor which can be found HERE
Old 03-26-2011, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
To do some of the tweaks that I posted in the above thread u need to download a registry editor which can be found HERE
That link doesn't work by the way, but I noticed an issue with my phone since the cleanup cab and tweak cab: I cannot charge my phone while it is on, wtf?
Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
im really not sure op is ready for registry tweaks and now i see he has a thread about his phone not charging while power is on?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im really not sure op is ready for registry tweaks and now i see he has a thread about his phone not charging while power is on?
he's also wanting to flash a rom according to his post in another thread and rom flashing and unlocking is harder than performing a regedit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2