PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a few questions

Anybody know of a GREAT app for reading eBooks ? one that supports many formats , as well as autoscrolling that is true scrolling ? i use freda now and hate the autoscrolling on it .. it like jumps word by word instead of smoothly scrolling the screeen . Free would be preffered but if not thats fine too .

Also , i read that the new phones are able to be OC'd to well over 748 .. my headphone jack is fried and i need a new phone , once again . I hate getting refurbs , how can i convince sprint to give me a new one ?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: a few questions

HTC made an ereader app in the TMOUS Leo ROMs. You can install it separately, as well as have it be a tab in Sense. I've never used it, so I don't know how good it is. You can find a cab by someone here (think juggalox) in the main software forum or a cab made by indagroove at mobileunderground.info or xda.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
HTC made an ereader app in the TMOUS Leo ROMs. You can install it separately, as well as have it be a tab in Sense. I've never used it, so I don't know how good it is. You can find a cab by someone here (think juggalox) in the main software forum or a cab made by indagroove at mobileunderground.info or xda.
hey thanks ! i found it via site search on google . but i hated the app lol . thanks for the recomendation though ! any thoughts of how i can get sprint to give me a NEW tp2 instead of a refurb ?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

theres no way to Force Sprint into one or the other... In my experience, SPrint gets you NIB devices, Asurion gives you refurbs.. though ive had both, give me both.. so again, its never for certain..

YMMV
Old 03-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

That's funny bored, it was opposite for me!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

That's funny bored, it was opposite for me!

Yeah ! i specificaly asked them for a new one and they said only through asurion do you get a new one . Hence why your paying the 100 dollars ? but through warrenty you get a refurb . Well i guess ill just try my luck with another refurb .. -.-
Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Yeah ! i specificaly asked them for a new one and they said only through asurion do you get a new one . Hence why your paying the 100 dollars ? but through warrenty you get a refurb . Well i guess ill just try my luck with another refurb .. -.-
its whatever they have on hand at the time the order needs to be placed.. if they have refurbs, those go first.. if theyre out, then you get NIB's..

you can check what asurion has via phoneclaim.com and starting the claim process... if it says "REC" in the replacement models #, than its reconditioned/refurbed.. if it doesnt say or says "KIT", then it should be a NIB

YMMV
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Also , i read that the new phones are able to be OC'd to well over 748 .. my headphone jack is fried and i need a new phone , once again . I hate getting refurbs , how can i convince sprint to give me a new one ?

Didint you just geet a new phone a few weeks back?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Didint you just geet a new phone a few weeks back?
It was a refurb , not a brand new one .. but yes i did JUST get a replacement , and i went to listen to slacker in my truck .. only to find the headphones on the replacement only output to the left speaker -.-

and i was hoping to get a brand new one .. hoping to eliminate all my problems i seem to keep having .. i swear i have bad luck
Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Ya, that does suck. Damn.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2