PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

proch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 very chatty after MR3 update

Hello - I recently upgraded my TP2 (Verizon) from the original Win 6.5 update that came out more than a year ago to the latest MR3 update. I've noticed that a lot of things seem to work better - less freezes between operations... But I've also noticed that the phone seems to be very 'chatty' now when idle. Basically, through the icons at the top of the screen it seems that there's a lot of constant network activity. Also, my battery life is very short now - possibly as a result of the increased network activity. Has anyone else noticed a similar behavior? What processes or settings can I look for that might be responsible?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

It could be several things. Push Internet could be turned on. Auto update services for Weather, Quick GPS, Push Mail, Facebook, Twitter, RSS feeds, Stocks, or anything else that auto updates could be accessing data frequently. It could also be due to the change in radios or PRL. You'll just have to try to disable what you don't want and enable all the power saving features you can. Advanced Config or a similar app could help make Registry edits that will enable power saving features. Or you could unlock and flash a custom rom here that may have better battery life.
Good Luck!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: TP2 very chatty after MR3 update

I didn't think anything was changed in that ROM besides updating the radio. It didn't contain any new/updated packages, though I guess some registry entries could have been different.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I assume you hard reset after you flashed the rom update...? if not, try that.

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

proch is a n00b

mwalt2 - Actually I hadn't updated the releases since the first upgrade from Win6.1, so a bunch of stuff has actually changed.

horndoctor - I did actually enable the facebook integration (because I wanted to import people's profile pictures) - maybe I'm not understanding what enabling that actually does... Perhaps the phone is going out and constantly retrieving updates from facebook as they would appear on on my regular page. I'll give a try to disable this and see if it makes a difference. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by proch View Post
mwalt2 - Actually I hadn't updated the releases since the first upgrade from Win6.1, so a bunch of stuff has actually changed.

horndoctor - I did actually enable the facebook integration (because I wanted to import people's profile pictures) - maybe I'm not understanding what enabling that actually does... Perhaps the phone is going out and constantly retrieving updates from facebook as they would appear on on my regular page. I'll give a try to disable this and see if it makes a difference. Thanks.
yes it does
yes it will

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2