PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM questions and cooking

Alright , i am forever on my journey to becoming a great chef !

With that journey i am encountering numerous mind boggling things .
The first thing i would like to address in this thread is stability and overclocking.

Keeping it general , my question is this , what can i do as a chef to achieve a higher overclock without having freezups ? i use to be able to overclock at 729 mhz and run forever without having it freezup . in my latest build i can not seem to get that same amount .. what is it in the phone that controls the stability of the ROM ?

Thanks for your continued support guys !!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: ROM questions and cooking

I wish I knew how to help elesbb!! But while we are waiting for those in the know, did you notice a performance increase with overclocking?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I wish I knew how to help elesbb!! But while we are waiting for those in the know, did you notice a performance increase with overclocking?
definitely ! things are much more responsive !!! and you may call me seth
Old 02-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Threadstarter

Have you ever overclocked tinkerbell ? youll notice the difference right away !
Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Have you ever overclocked tinkerbell ? youll notice the difference right away !
No, not yet Seth... just trying to do the research first! Thank you for your input!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Threadstarter

OF COURSE and thats a smart girl . do the research before making a decision . great way to play it safe ! I can , however , tell you from personal experience that i have never had any negative effects from overclocking . Maybe the only side effect is extra heat when doing things that require a lot of CPU . but other than that ill always overclock
Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
definitely ! things are much more responsive !!! and you may call me seth
Can I call you Seth?
Big Boy!
LMAO!
I like overclocking too!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Can I call you Seth?
Big Boy!
LMAO!
I like overclocking too!
NO !!!! Tinkerbells special ^-^
Old 02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Threadstarter

Does anyone have any ideas ? I know your a smart guy horndoctor . Do you have any ideas ?
Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
Does anyone have any ideas ? I know your a smart guy horndoctor . Do you have any ideas ?
It could be due to several things. Maybe PagePool, Radio used, the OS version, the build number, what apps or scripts are constantly running. That's all I can think of at the moment.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2