PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

joshts0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wonder if sprint will be upgrading the TP2 to the Pro 7 :)

I mean it is the next one right heh.. just like the last few ..
Old 02-22-2011, 01:12 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: I wonder if sprint will be upgrading the TP2 to the Pro 7 :)

run that by sprint see what they say. lol

no
Old 02-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

And it begins !
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshts0
I mean it is the next one right heh.. just like the last few ..
You have much to learn young grasshopper.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:20 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

hehe

I love and hate these threads... ive been on both sides of this many times myself..

unfortunately, we already know how Sprint feels about the TP2 and whats its "worth" replacement wise...

this situation working to your benefit OP, isnt going to happen..
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

not likely since the tp2 doesnt have even half as much issues as the original tp did. i just hope they offer it at a decent price and not price it higher than the android phones like they initially did with the tp2
Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

joshts0 is a n00b

So what if your phone happens to break after they no longer have any of the TP2's in stock, and you have TEP? They may swap it then huh? I'm definitely not talking about doing anything illegal, I just mean I've ended up having mine swapped in the past to a newer version just because it happened to break in a way that was covered under TEP and it was swapped up to the next version.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshts0 View Post
So what if your phone happens to break after they no longer have any of the TP2's in stock, and you have TEP? They may swap it then huh? I'm definitely not talking about doing anything illegal, I just mean I've ended up having mine swapped in the past to a newer version just because it happened to break in a way that was covered under TEP and it was swapped up to the next version.
not gonna happen till they only sell 5 arrives and even then i dought it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sure, it's a simple upgrade: just remove the tp2 cover, throw away the innards, and tape the tp2 cover onto the outside of a wp7 phone. What could be more simple???

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshts0 View Post

Look man, Ive written threads about getting new device.... this ISNT going to happen.... if TP2 was E.O.L.'d even, there would still be replacements available now and again.. its an ongoing cycle.. turn it in, get a new device, the TP2 gets refurb'd and will get shipped to someone..

If you run into a situation where Sprint doesnt have the TP2 avilable, youll get offered blackberries basically, maybe a low end Android device.. thats it!

sorry, but itll never happen, doesnt matter if you try to scam or not.. itll never be given as a replacement for a TP2!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2