PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Exclamation Increased Ring Time Limit

I just upgraded from a Samsung i760 to a HTC Touch Pro2 (T7380) Sprint and I was wondering if there was a way to do this?

I know with my Samsung I could just do this:
Quote:

six zeros for the code (000000)

Scroll down with the d-pad till you see end of basic nam

hit right d-pad to change "exit" to "more"

hit middle d-pad to select

hit the down d-pad 76 times till it says slot cycle index

Change this to 1 or lower EDIT: By entering the value with the number pad and then you hit the middle d-pad to exit.

This changes the frequency at which the phone talks to the tower and will
start the unit ringing MUCH faster. the lower you go the faster but the more battery it uses. I find 1 gets the phone ringing within 3 seconds but doesn't hinder battery life.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Increased Ring Time Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
I just upgraded from a Samsung i760 to a HTC Touch Pro2 (T7380) Sprint and I was wondering if there was a way to do this?

I know with my Samsung I could just do this:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
What ROM are you using? Stock? Other?

I don't remember all the details...but generally, here:

1. Must have your MSL Code - Call Sprint and ask them for it, or search MSL (in title) within the TP2 forums. I forget the details of the latter method, but basically you make a temporary reg edit & a log file is generated. Then you search the log to fetch your MSL.

2. Must access EPST (I believe that's it) settings to change your slot cycle index. You have to enter the proper ## code to access it, some ROMs include an App to pull up EPST, and some cabs are floating around that "might" work for your ROM like this one. You enter your MSL code to gain edit rights.

I did this with my mogul, but changed it back. The battery drain was too cruel given my weak signal at the house. If you want better response, maybe call Sprint Retentions and ask them to send you a Airave? They're usually free if you have a weak signal at your house. Make sure they waive the activation fee.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

I'm using the stock Sprint 6.5 Sense rom, I'm fixing to be flashing the phone over to Boost. Also I'm gunna get the Mugen 4500mAh XL Extended Battery soon... So battery drain wouldn't be a concern.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
I'm using the stock Sprint 6.5 Sense rom, I'm fixing to be flashing the phone over to Boost. Also I'm gunna get the Mugen 4500mAh XL Extended Battery soon... So battery drain wouldn't be a concern.
Get your MSL code first. Just call Sprint or search this forum for "MSL" in the title.

I don't know about doing Boost, so if you have to flash another ROM, your slot cycle will default back (I'm pretty sure.) If you want to change your slot cycle now, just search this forum for "EPST" in the title & you should find the ## code for Sprint.

Last edited by Recursion; 02-19-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Here use this app..it'll tell you your MSL code without any of the extra work.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...mogul-etc.html

Donations accepted not expected!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Here use this app..it'll tell you your MSL code without any of the extra work.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...mogul-etc.html
Okay I kind of understand what to do and kind of not... I got the MSL Code, EPST Wouldn't pull up some menu's like Phone Settings. Which I believe is what I would have to go into correct?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

To get to EPST dial ##786#. I don't think you are supposed to set your slot cycle index less than 1 because emergency calls get those slots.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:46 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Phones send out a "ping" every few seconds.. this is your Slot Cycle.... changing this means your phone "searches out for incoming calls" either more frequently or less frequently...

I dont know how this relates to "Changing Ring Time Limit"...... at first i thought you meant you wanted your phone to ring longer than the default 31 seconds before going to voicemail...

Extended Battery of not, even changing your slot cycle from 3>2 is going to do noticeable strain on your battery... whats the point in buying a $40 battery if after you change the Slot Cycle youll get as much Battery Life as the stock battery...

Its not in your best interest to do this, Battery wise..
Old 02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
I don't know about doing Boost, so if you have to flash another ROM, your slot cycle will default back (I'm pretty sure.)
Nah, it will stay if falshes new rom. Differnt part of NVRAM...

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Extended Battery of not, even changing your slot cycle from 3>2 is going to do noticeable strain on your battery...
I have never noticed a difference setting my slot to 0. and yes, I often end up running a phone with default 3 until I remember to go in and change it. but again, never noticed a difference.
I suppose in poor signal area's it might..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2