PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Wakeup on Signal Loss Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
I tried it with and without the default being 1, no difference. I'm not sure what other setting there is?

I had a Problem with one of Vins ROMs a "no Sense no Titanium no HTC canvas" that the proximity sensor didn't work. The screen always stayed on letting your face hit all kinds of buttons. I tried everything I could think of with proximity in reg and never did get it to work... so I'm out of ideas here

Thanks for the help though. I know there has to be another reg setting somewhere that we are missing. IMHO, if CHT can do it, then there has to be a way or some settings in the reg to do it without having to have CHT.

Once I get done with exams next week, I'm going to dig a bit deeper into the registry.

Just thought I'd add too that since turning the feature on in CHT my battery life has increased dramatically because my phone isn't staying on all the time now after it wakes up on its own. Results are better when it is in my pocket than the holster though as I think the proximity sensor works better if it detects a little movement such as when the phone slides around in my pocket.

Anyway, I'm not giving up on this so more to come...

David
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

BsB tweaks has a diable wakeup on sms feature. Try it out.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18 View Post
BsB tweaks has a diable wakeup on sms feature. Try it out.
Thanks, I know about that but the problem we are trying to address is when the phone wakes up when it changes from one signal to the next or loses a signa and reacquires it.

In poor signal areas, my phone will wake up dozens of times a day which subsequently drains the battery more quickly.

The setting in CHT I talked about in the first post solves the problem for me and anyone who uses a ROM with CHT. My goal now is to find a way to enable the settings on a ROM that does not have CHT,

David
Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ruben86 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ruben86

xda-developers

This works on my Touch Pro 2 with Titanium.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben86 View Post
xda-developers

Thanks Ruben, I'll give it a try.

David
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

This issue has been driving me nuts since my Mogul days too. I am on the Standard NRG and this happens a lot!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BullyDawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben86 View Post
xda-developers

Tried this on my TP2 with stock VzW MR3 rom and it appeared to work. I thought I had found the ultimate solution. However, the problem is that the proximity sensor then works on everything! For example, when I tried to listen to voicemail (through Verizon Visual Voicemail), my TP2 kept cutting off when I placed it next to my face. The alternative (to play all voicemails on speaker) gave me some privacy concerns, so I ended up uninstalling this solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2