PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question IR external port for TP2

is there any hardware such as an external IR port that will work with an TP2?

I want to use the Novii remote control.

thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: IR external port for TP2

probably not and usually peripherals like that are really expensive. you'd be better off buying a dell axim PDA or even an HP iPAQ
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

is it really? Whoaa never thought that a simple IR would be so much trouble.

maybe a wi-fi remote control? no?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

For what?? you wanna control your TV with your phone?? ummmm, dont we already have remotes for that?

despite me thinking this is about the laziest thing people ask for(control TV from phone), the IR Ports from devices(Wiimote aside) are far to weak for this to be functional.. unless you wanna be 2ft away from your TV...

As far as peripherals, Id say no... the TP2 does not support USB Host functions.. ie - you cant plug a USB source into the TP2 and make it work... this is why keyboards, mouses, external monitors, etc dont work with the TP2.. the peripherals people DO use are usually BT.. BT keyboards, mouses, and Game Controllers have all been known to work I believe

*EDIT* nvm, i saw where it says it DOES support winMO 6.X..

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 01-01-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well, it is not as simple as you put it.
The average home today has a DVR, a TV, a DVD, and an AV. this is 4 remotes right there ata minimum. so, do you see now, that a one remote might be better than 4?

I came across the Nuvii and I was like this is a great idea since it is highly customizable to even include some other equipment that I have.

The HP iPAQ works perfectly from 10 feet away, so the signal is not that weak as you propose.

Last edited by touch-this-pro; 01-02-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

some devices had stronger ones than others.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch-this-pro View Post
well, it is not as simple as you put it.
The average home today has a DVR, a TV, a DVD, and an AV. this is 4 remotes right there ata minimum. so, do you see now, that a one remote might be better than 4?

I came across the Nuvii and I was like this is a great idea since it is highly customizable to even include some other equipment that I have.

The HP iPAQ works perfectly from 10 feet away, so the signal is not that weak as you propose.
yeah i meant to add when i added the 6.x comment that i saw they give a purposed range of a device on the website... my bad

and those Homes that have all that, especially a DVR/Cable combo, gets a Remote more than capable of hooking the stereo and DVD PLayer to as well... Comcast and At&Ts remote are both programmable I thought...

regardless, theres not a USB IR Port you can hook to your TP2 up to..
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
For what?? you wanna control your TV with your phone?? ummmm, dont we already have remotes for that?

despite me thinking this is about the laziest thing people ask for(control TV from phone), the IR Ports from devices(Wiimote aside) are far to weak for this to be functional.. unless you wanna be 2ft away from your TV...

As far as peripherals, Id say no... the TP2 does not support USB Host functions.. ie - you cant plug a USB source into the TP2 and make it work... this is why keyboards, mouses, external monitors, etc dont work with the TP2.. the peripherals people DO use are usually BT.. BT keyboards, mouses, and Game Controllers have all been known to work I believe

*EDIT* nvm, i saw where it says it DOES support winMO 6.X..
not to sound contradicting. but it is as simply as they say. buy a logitech remote. i have xbox360, cable box, tv surround sound with dvd,blu ray, air conditioner,as well as lighting all on one remote.it does everything the factory remotes do. every single command. plus alot more. logitech rocks.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
not to sound contradicting. but it is as simply as they say. buy a logitech remote. i have xbox360, cable box, tv surround sound with dvd,blu ray, air conditioner,as well as lighting all on one remote.it does everything the factory remotes do. every single command. plus alot more. logitech rocks.
i think that may be the best next thing.

Which one you recommend? (can not afford the harmony one lol).
Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol or you can always go out and buy the old palm treo IE Treo 755, 750 650 and 600 they all come with infrared ports on them. Back in the day when I was rockin the TREO's I used novii all the time. It was SUPER simple to setup all the remotes, lol. And looking at the local craigslist they price from $10 to $57 lol

Just throwing that out there
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2