PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock Sense to open appointment in POL ?

After getting my first SOD after 6 months of owning the phone, I decided to go easy on it & only install the applications I absolutely must have (not probably related to this issue, but more of an overall KISS thing - I want a stable phone that provides me with features I need, with least amount of tweaking).

So, after a HR I decided to use a stock Sense instead of all-too-powerful but sometimes problematic CHT2.

Surprisingly, I like it. I wasn't using most of the widgets anyway due to stability issues, and I find that I can live just fine with 9 quicklinks and a well organized Start menu.

So that leaves Calendar. I don't mind having just one appointment show up in Sense - I can see more by just clicking a button.I turned off HTC Calendar tab - it takes a while to refresh the all-day appointments, and I can get more info faster by simply starting POL that comes up instantly. I hate looking at HTC Cal tab and not knowing if what I see is all or if it is still refreshing.

But the behavior of Sense calendar widget really puzzles me. If I have any appointments on a given day (and I almost always do), clicking on the appointment brings up HTC Calendar tab, but since I turned it off it does nothing (shouldn't it just bring up HTC Calendar app instead) ? That's OK, I have POL calendar in the topmost row of links. (However, if there's a registry edit to switch Sense taps to POL, please let me know).

But if I don't have any future appointments on a given day, things get interested. I thought it would show me the next appointment, whenever that is; it doesn't. It seems to be set to only show today's appointments and I couldn't find a setting to change this. When there's no appointments left today, it shows a small calendar icon and a word "Calendar". Now, if I click on that, POL starts up !

pc_capture9.jpg

So, to summarize:

- if I have appointment shown in Sense widget, clicking on it does nothing if the Calendar tab is turned off.

- if I have no appointments left today, clicking on Calendar widget brings up Pocket Outlook calendar. (see screenshot)

Can this behavior be modified without installing any mods ? (E.g. by editing registry) ?

Last edited by Amamba; 12-11-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Stock Sense to open appointment in POL ?

eww ¿you're still on the stock sprint 6.5 21889 rom? id upgrade that to either a 21916 rom or even downgrade it to the stock 6.1 or sprint basics rom. that will stop your SOD problem. as far as the calendar situation mine would always show the closest next appointment in sense whether it be sense 2.1 or 2.5 but a lo mejor thats cuz i have the calendar tab on sense.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba
After getting my first SOD after 6 months of owning the phone, I decided to go easy on it & only install the applications I absolutely must have (not probably related to this issue, but more of an overall KISS thing - I want a stable phone that provides me with features I need, with least amount of tweaking).

So, after a HR I decided to use a stock Sense instead of all-too-powerful but sometimes problematic CHT2.

Surprisingly, I like it. I wasn't using most of the widgets anyway due to stability issues, and I find that I can live just fine with 9 quicklinks and a well organized Start menu.

So that leaves Calendar. I don't mind having just one appointment show up in Sense - I can see more by just clicking a button.I turned off HTC Calendar tab - it takes a while to refresh the all-day appointments, and I can get more info faster by simply starting POL that comes up instantly. I hate looking at HTC Cal tab and not knowing if what I see is all or if it is still refreshing.

But the behavior of Sense calendar widget really puzzles me. If I have any appointments on a given day (and I almost always do), clicking on the appointment brings up HTC Calendar tab, but since I turned it off it does nothing (shouldn't it just bring up HTC Calendar app instead) ? That's OK, I have POL calendar in the topmost row of links. (However, if there's a registry edit to switch Sense taps to POL, please let me know).

But if I don't have any future appointments on a given day, things get interested. I thought it would show me the next appointment, whenever that is; it doesn't. It seems to be set to only show today's appointments and I couldn't find a setting to change this. When there's no appointments left today, it shows a small calendar icon and a word "Calendar". Now, if I click on that, POL starts up !

Attachment 80203

So, to summarize:

- if I have appointment shown in Sense widget, clicking on it does nothing if the Calendar tab is turned off.

- if I have no appointments left today, clicking on Calendar widget brings up Pocket Outlook calendar. (see screenshot)

Can this behavior be modified without installing any mods ? (E.g. by editing registry) ?
No
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Stock Sense to open appointment in POL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
eww ¿you're still on the stock sprint 6.5 21889 rom? id upgrade that to either a 21916 rom or even downgrade it to the stock 6.1 or sprint basics rom. that will stop your SOD problem. as far as the calendar situation mine would always show the closest next appointment in sense whether it be sense 2.1 or 2.5 but a lo mejor thats cuz i have the calendar tab on sense.
your missing the point man.. first, he said hes had 1 SOD happen in 6 months, so its not an issue for him... there were plenty of people who ran that ROM without SODs, it just made it more common - thats ALL!!! second, OF COURSE your appointments are still gonna show even though the HTC CAL Tab is disabled, but if you click an appointment, it cant jump to the HTC Cal Tab because its disabled - this is what the OP is trying to get around.. when he clicks the appointment he wants it to open Outlook Cal instead...

OP, ill take a look through the reg and see if i can find something.. HTC Cal isnt an app, its a TAB... which means its all mostly Manila files and not program files... Tabs seem to work alot differently than programs.. Just like Most people would prefer tapping the message tab and going to WM SMS vs HTC SMS, but its not simple at all to make that change... merely changing the reg to a different drectory doesnt work... this is similar to the task your asking for... ill look, but the DOC above very well might be right in saying its not possible..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2