PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

darkfred is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 hard keys

Just got a replacement TP2 for my replacement TP1 and one of the hardkeys popped off and I cannot find it.
Hardkey that came off is the "pick up" phone key.

Anyone know where I can get one? Or is this a "take it back to the repair center" deal.

I'm currently in alaska for two weeks where there is no sprint repair center.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: TP2 hard keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfred View Post
Just got a replacement TP2 for my replacement TP1 and one of the hardkeys popped off and I cannot find it.
Hardkey that came off is the "pick up" phone key.

Anyone know where I can get one? Or is this a "take it back to the repair center" deal.

I'm currently in alaska for two weeks where there is no sprint repair center.
definitely a repair center thing. however, was this an insurance replacement? if so and you did literally just get it, I think you should be able to get another replacement from them without paying another deductible.

regardless, try to document as much as possible (ie use ecare/email) as getting double billed is entirely possible.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

darkfred is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thank you for the reply.

Not an asurian insurance thing. My original TP digitizer screen ate it so sprint sent me another TP. Well that one the reciever and bluetooth did not work.
So took that one into repair center and they gave me a choice of a bunch different units for replacement. I chose the TP2.

I found a button strip on ebay. took a little digging on ebay. Will take button strip and phone to repair center when I get back to the world.

here is link
SILVER BUTTON KEYPAD FOR SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO2 NEW - eBay (item 350403070439 end time Nov-09-10 20:26:51 PST)
Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

wow, it just goes to show you can part out anything on ebay.. lol..

I'm sure this isn't the first case of this (button falling off) happening, but definitely the first i've heard in a long time.

sorry for your string of bad luck, hopefully they don't hassle you, and welcome to tp2 land. hopefully you don't have to go back to AK later on, cuz you'll miss the flash light in all that dark.

Last edited by shaggylive; 10-29-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

almost for got this, a must have util to re-map and add functions to buttons
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...print-tp2.html

I went ahead and linked the first goog hit I got cuz these are good instructions for copy/paste and you should be able to figure the rest out from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2