PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

jerms77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone stuck in portrait mode, reset help?

Slide out keyboard not working to text, phone hangs up. Have to text in portrait mode or phone freezes. I've never done a reset...owned phone since new when it came out in august last year. It's T-mobile windows mobile 6.1. Never been modded.

I've also got that phantom message thing going says I have 7 messages when I don't have any. Should I do a reset? Never done one before, theres nothing on the phone I care about saving except my contacts, I heard of someone saving them to their sim card? If anyone could help I've looked around the forums I've been reading for hours. New to this stuff.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:49 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Phone stuck in portrait mode, reset help?

well you can first try to hard reset it by using the clear storage feature in start>settings>system then clear storage. but first you can backup your contacts with exchange activesync if you have a live or google account.if that doesnt work id look to TMO for a replacement or even an upgrade (HD2 or HD7 ) since you had the phone over a year
Old 10-27-2010, 05:34 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

attached cab will get rid of all your phantom messages..

you can use PIMBackup, MS MyPhone, Google Exchange, Dashwire, or Sashimi to backup contacts(PIM.vol)

6.1 seemed real slow on TP2 @ launch, i can believe youve been running it this long, with all these mods right here in front of you
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed
6.1 seemed real slow on TP2 @ launch, i can believe youve been running it this long
6.1 seemed real slow on TP2 @ launch, i can believe youve been running it this long
doesnt seem slow to me,its serving me quite well. only 2 lockups so far and this is my 3rd week on it. maybe its cuz of the GT2L cab
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
doesnt seem slow to me,its serving me quite well. only 2 lockups so far and this is my 3rd week on it. maybe its cuz of the GT2L cab
well good for you buddy, but the rest of us that bought our TP2s at launch had horrid lag problems..

so much so we had to use the GFXBOOST-1.1 cab and another to make it more useable..
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
well good for you buddy, but the rest of us that bought our TP2s at launch had horrid lag problems..

so much so we had to use the GFXBOOST-1.1 cab and another to make it more useable..
thats y i said the GT2L cab. ive never used it without but the TP2 i played with in the sprint store back when they were "inspecting my TP" back in december. it seemed to run no differently than my TP did on the 2nd stock rom which was a really good and stable rom but with the GT2L cab it seems even faster than that. id like to see some threads from back in the day that documented the stock rom problems, i didnt enter the tp2 scene till may during the stock 6.5 days and i know the problems with that rom. maybe ill give it another chance someday but not now.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

jerms77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've had horrible lag problems since I bought it...so in the year I've had it, I delete all my text messages and photos regularly...never put any music on it or anything. I didn't realise there were any mods out there, I just found this website yesterday. I'm going to try and perform the hard reset. I didn't see any attached cab for the phantom messages tho?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2