PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo
Question rom ??

i have went through several different roms on this phone im using and i was wondering if there are an negative effects this is going to have.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

None unless you try to flash a gsm radio.
Flash the shipped rom or task29 before you flash a new custom rom to help clean things out.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: rom ??

if a 6.5 rom the only side effect is memory leak or other minor glitches like the one in my sig, and no OzIM functionality so if thats a must for you then i would not recommend any custom rom as it does not work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

all the flashing i do my tp2 should melt, your ok.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
if a 6.5 rom the only side effect is memory leak or other minor glitches like the one in my sig
You mean "dialer bug/inability to answer calls with active data connection caused me to go back to 6.1"? I do not have any problems answering a call while data is active on the ROMs I make with 6.5 or 6.5.x. It's not a problem with the SYS. The only times I have seen that problem has been the result of people using programs like advanced config and setting the data connection to time out. That setting (reg.edit) was made for GSM phones and using it on a CDMA phone resulted in a long delay when trying to answer the phone with an active data connection.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

theres still the other issue with OzIM not working for me on any custom roms. the other IM programs either take up too much ram,cost money,drain battery,improperly organize contacts or just plain suck.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
theres still the other issue with OzIM not working for me on any custom roms. the other IM programs either take up too much ram,cost money,drain battery,improperly organize contacts or just plain suck.
lol, wrong thread if this is directed to me. or are you still venting? pm me if you want Oz help.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
all the flashing i do my tp2 should melt, your ok.
Well ain't that the truth!!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Well ain't that the truth!!!!!!
lol, i really hate to think how many times ive flashed my poor tp2.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, i really hate to think how many times ive flashed my poor tp2.
I'm not sure I can count that high, lmao... and the fact that the majority of your ROM d/l's were all done via phone too... you put them through hell and back again!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
rom, zac