PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck in 1x

has anyone on sprint had trouble with not getting a 3g connection? I am stuck in 1x and I have never had a problem with my data before. I flashed back to sprint stock rom and updated profile and prl but that didnt fix it

does anyone know anything else I can try?

thanks
Old 10-16-2010, 06:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Stuck in 1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
has anyone on sprint had trouble with not getting a 3g connection? I am stuck in 1x and I have never had a problem with my data before. I flashed back to sprint stock rom and updated profile and prl but that didnt fix it

thanks
try pulling battery if that dont work back up clear storage. ive never in my life updated profile/prl and never saw reason too.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

thanks
Try what Darren said, although it may be Sprint screwing with the towers. I've been having all sorts of screwy signal lately in places where I never have issues, including with my airrave, and according to Sprint techs a lot of the issues w/ signal fluctuating are them playing with the towers for 4g and crap like that. I've seen signal go up and down throughout the day where it's always perfect, so who knows.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

right on with that. one day i went into roaming within my house where i normally get between 3 and 5 bars. on the other hand there is this one signal trouble spot i noticed in chicago that i really dont know the cause of it. in the albany park community area on lawrence ave between california and kedzie ave i often find my signal repeatedly fluctuating between Ev and 1x as if I'm getting a text. dont know the reasoning behind this. but maybe someone who actually lives in that area can chime in, i only commute through it,very annoying when trying to use bus tracker.

Last edited by eric12341; 10-16-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

ok nothing really worked so I'll give it a few days and see, if nothing changes I'll call sprint

thanks guys
Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

did you have wmlonglife installed before? i know there is a certain way you have to uninstall the wmlonglife. if you dont, then it will be stuck in 1x. i went through this last week. Only way i got it back was after i did a hard reset

try it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cganesh75 View Post
did you have wmlonglife installed before? i know there is a certain way you have to uninstall the wmlonglife. if you dont, then it will be stuck in 1x. i went through this last week. Only way i got it back was after i did a hard reset

try it
actually yes I did, but I have since flashed to a few different roms to try to get it back, maybe I'll try installing it again and see if I can get it back, thanks!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Which Sprint Rom and radio? If you're using the Sprint 6.5 flash the 6.1 and see what happens with the different radio.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
actually yes I did, but I have since flashed to a few different roms to try to get it back, maybe I'll try installing it again and see if I can get it back, thanks!

yes i had the same issue too... apparently the radio stuff survives after several task29.. you have to hard reset... i guess you can try installing wmlonglife and setting it to auto 3G and then un-installing it
Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Shortly after the device was released, there were several issues with VZW users getting stuck in 1X for extended periods of time. I'm not sure if there was ever a resolution or way to prevent it. Possibly flashing a different radio would work though.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2