PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus One P500
Carrier: Telcel

neckcromante is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM

Hi,

I previusly search for this on the forum, dont find anything similar.

I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 Sprint Version with stock rom WinMo 6.5, I only use the phone in a GSM Network (Telcel) dont have a data plan, just WiFi for the moment.

I want to use a custom ROM like Migthy ROM or Energy, if I install any of this ones, would I loose GSM functions??

Thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2010, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium Sprint
Carrier: INDOSAT & Smart

Incrediboy is a n00b
Re: CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM

No, u wouldn't lose GSM function. I use GSM too in Indonesia, and have upgraded my rhodium sveral times without any problems on GSM or CDMA network. Have u upgraded your radio to the latest? There's sticky about radio version.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM

If it is a Sprint branded device, and you install a CDMA ROM, you will be fine. HOWEVER, if you install a GSM ROM, you will have problems. Also, be careful when playing around with radios, as it is one of the easiest ways to brick your device.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

What these two guys said...

I am on a Sprint TouchPro2 in GSM 100% of the time now, and I flash ROM's all the time with very few ill effects. For some reason on VIN's Rom I can never seem to utilize a data connection. FWIW...
Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op please read.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...de-forums.html
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus One P500
Carrier: Telcel
Threadstarter

neckcromante is a n00b

Thanks everybody for the help, how can I check wich Radio version I have? and what version is recommended so I can flash custom ROMS and dont have problems whit GSM networks?

Again, thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 01:45 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckcromante View Post
Thanks everybody for the help, how can I check wich Radio version I have? and what version is recommended so I can flash custom ROMS and dont have problems whit GSM networks?

Again, thanks
start/settings/system info.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-13-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckcromante

Again, thanks
If I were you, I would not mess with your radio at all if everything seems to be working fine.
Just so you know, when you flash a custom rom the custom rom will normally not include a different radio so it doesn't mess up or change the one you are using unless the chef specifically states that it has a radio with it. In my opinion, if your radio ain't broke don't try to fix it.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If I were you, I would not mess with your radio at all if everything seems to be working fine.
Just so you know, when you flash a custom rom the custom rom will normally not include a different radio so it doesn't mess up or change the one you are using unless the chef specifically states that it has a radio with it. In my opinion, if your radio ain't broke don't try to fix it.
never in my life did a rom come with a radio, gota link to one that says that it does?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

never in my life did a rom come with a radio, gota link to one that says that it does?
No lol
But I was playing it safe.
Some older roms for older devices may have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
cdma, custom rom, gsm, sprint, tp2