PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135285)

neckcromante 10-12-2010 01:27 AM

CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM

Hi,

I previusly search for this on the forum, dont find anything similar.

I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 Sprint Version with stock rom WinMo 6.5, I only use the phone in a GSM Network (Telcel) dont have a data plan, just WiFi for the moment.

I want to use a custom ROM like Migthy ROM or Energy, if I install any of this ones, would I loose GSM functions??

Thanks in advance

Incrediboy 10-12-2010 03:14 AM

Re: CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM

No, u wouldn't lose GSM function. I use GSM too in Indonesia, and have upgraded my rhodium sveral times without any problems on GSM or CDMA network. Have u upgraded your radio to the latest? There's sticky about radio version.

HTCotta 10-12-2010 01:20 PM

Re: CDMA TP2 for use only with GSM, what happens if I install'it custom CDMA ROM

If it is a Sprint branded device, and you install a CDMA ROM, you will be fine. HOWEVER, if you install a GSM ROM, you will have problems. Also, be careful when playing around with radios, as it is one of the easiest ways to brick your device.

cmajewsk 10-13-2010 12:32 AM

What these two guys said...

I am on a Sprint TouchPro2 in GSM 100% of the time now, and I flash ROM's all the time with very few ill effects. For some reason on VIN's Rom I can never seem to utilize a data connection. FWIW...

darren.wlsn1 10-13-2010 01:18 AM

op please read.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...de-forums.html

neckcromante 10-13-2010 01:40 AM

Thanks everybody for the help, how can I check wich Radio version I have? and what version is recommended so I can flash custom ROMS and dont have problems whit GSM networks?

Again, thanks

darren.wlsn1 10-13-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neckcromante (Post 1972501)
Thanks everybody for the help, how can I check wich Radio version I have? and what version is recommended so I can flash custom ROMS and dont have problems whit GSM networks?

Again, thanks

start/settings/system info.

horndoctor 10-13-2010 01:50 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neckcromante

Again, thanks

If I were you, I would not mess with your radio at all if everything seems to be working fine.
Just so you know, when you flash a custom rom the custom rom will normally not include a different radio so it doesn't mess up or change the one you are using unless the chef specifically states that it has a radio with it. In my opinion, if your radio ain't broke don't try to fix it. ;)

darren.wlsn1 10-13-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1972504)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If I were you, I would not mess with your radio at all if everything seems to be working fine.
Just so you know, when you flash a custom rom the custom rom will normally not include a different radio so it doesn't mess up or change the one you are using unless the chef specifically states that it has a radio with it. In my opinion, if your radio ain't broke don't try to fix it. ;)

never in my life did a rom come with a radio, gota link to one that says that it does?

horndoctor 10-13-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1972504)

never in my life did a rom come with a radio, gota link to one that says that it does?

No lol
But I was playing it safe. ;)
Some older roms for older devices may have. :dontknow: