PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC WP7 Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

jloden78 is keeping up the good workjloden78 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SERO + Company Discount = NO!!

So I upgraded my plan from a old Sero F&F 1250 plan to a family SERO 1500 Any Mobile Plan and when this happened my 20% discount was also taken away from me. I called up and ask if I could get this added back to my account any they (Retentions) told me that as of Jan 1,10, they are starting to go through and take all the discounts away from accounts that are double dipping. So word to the wise, don't change anything unless you are positively sure you need too!!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: SERO + Company Discount = NO!!

This was a known issue. The reason is when you change plans, you are forces to change to the new billing system (ENSEMBLE sp) where it's almost/or impossible to get discounts with SERO plans.

You should be damn thankful you've gotten to take advantage of the loop hole as long as you did. Many people lost their discounts without being notified since it was against TOS.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro -TP2
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

gatolsf is becoming a great contributor

if I'm not wrong you can still get it, if you request the discount from your companies sprint discount site. That's the way I did it when they remove it from my account.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

there are tons of discounts that can be applied to ur sprint acct...as long as u r not on a simply everything plan or an air card...

cefcu credit union member 10%
dennys employee 25%
walgreens 17%
ihop 17%
state farm, caterpillar etc...

just call sprint tell them where u work and say u heard u got a discount and they will apply it for u. usually takes 2-3 billing cycles to take effect

p.s. off the whole bill...not just one line like other companies do.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
there are tons of discounts that can be applied to ur sprint acct...as long as u r not on a simply everything plan or an air card...

dennys employee 25%
walgreens 17%
ihop 17%

just call sprint tell them where u work and say u heard u got a discount and they will apply it for u. usually takes 2-3 billing cycles to take effect

i need proof? lol

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

actually like supdawg says, this is a known issue. also from my understanding, if you have SERO, you cant have a corporate discount in the first place. the reason is because the plan(s) are already at a low price. and if you were lucky enough to get it added on your sero acct in the past and still have it, enjoy it while you can. because you should anticipate sprint cleaning house when it comes to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post

dennys employee 25%
walgreens 17%
ihop 17%

just a minor correction. its not off the whole bill. its only on your monthly plan fee...i.e. $69.99 monthly plan - corp discount + any add-ons you have (if any) + $7 insurance (if you have it) + surcharges/taxes = total amount of bill.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 03-03-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
just a minor correction. its not off the whole bill. its only on your monthly plan fee...i.e. $69.99 monthly plan - corp discount + any add-ons you have (if any) + $7 insurance (if you have it) + surcharges/taxes = total amount of bill.
I get a 25% discount from Home Depot on my bill and it takes it off the monthly plan + lines + add-ons (Data, texting etc.)

It does NOT take it off from insurance however and well taxes should be a no brainer lol
Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just so the OP was clear, this only applies to those on the SERO plan. We all know discounts can be added to regular accounts fine.

However, SERO plans should not have any additional discounts since the plans are rock bottom prices to begin with. If you have discounts on your SERO account, you are still under the old billing system.

When you change your account, you will be moved to the new system and those discounts will not be reapplied as they are explicitly against the TOS of SERO accounts.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

Norwester05 is just getting started

Be happy with what you got while you had it! I've been on a Sero/F&F plan for going on 5 yrs and they've refused me my lousy 12% company discount from the start. "You already have a very good and cheap plan without the discount!". Oh well back in the day when we had it, "LaTanna" was nice enough to bump my "Vision" up to POWER VISION for free. I didn't even have a PV capable phone at the time but the thought was there...So I got one.
When I get around to picking up an Everything Plan,I'll definitley be sure to get enrolled in the local credit union which I think discounts to 27%.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am not sure why some people on the SERO account gets heated up when they are told no corporate discount. the account as supdawg said is already dirt cheap. if it wasn't for the fact that the phones i want can't be on this account, i would've snagged one for sale in the bargain trader section. cheapest is $30/mo for the SERO 500 with unlimited data, unlimited messaging and early N&W...that's a great deal already.

so just suck it up and enjoy the dirt cheap SERO plans you guys have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2