PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

alamiay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone turns on at midnite.

Every night at midnight, my phone turns on for no reason. What is causing the phone to go on? Is there a way to turn this off? I'm currently on WinMo 6.5 using the Cleanup. I remember this happening with 6.1 as well.

Thanks in advance,
Ally
Old 08-12-2010, 01:25 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone turns on at midnite.

WinMo PDAs and phones have always turned themselves on like that, due to internal task schedules and cleanup activities. Just the way they are
Old 08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

I think this is the default time for Microsoft Myphone syncing. Maybe check that.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamiay View Post
Every night at midnight, my phone turns on for no reason. What is causing the phone to go on? Is there a way to turn this off? I'm currently on WinMo 6.5 using the Cleanup. I remember this happening with 6.1 as well.

Thanks in advance,
Ally
"turns on" assumes your phone is "off" when this happens...

"wakes up" assumes your device is on, but with the screen "asleep"..

im guessing its the second one of the 2 here.. could any number of things: MyPhone, if you use it.. going in and out of Roam real quick.. having something like cleam ram or clear temp set on a schedule.. bunches of things..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2