PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

jerseygeorge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading to 6.5

I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my verizon tp2 from 6.1 to 6.5

I can find the files online (6.5). It appears to be a .exe file that has to be run from a PC.

I own a mac, and do not own a pc. It appears that the only way to upgrade is to establish a connection from the TP2 to a PC, and then run the .exe file on the pc. That involves some things that I do not have like a PC, and the necessary cables.

I was hoping that I could transfer the file from the MAC onto the memory chip like I do with CAB files. However it appears I am out of luck.

I am not trying to cook a rom or anything. I just want to go from 6.1 to 6.5.

Suggestions???
Old 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Upgrading to 6.5

extract the .nbh(RUU_xxxxx_xxxx file) to an empty folder on your desktop
rename it RHODIMG.nbh and put it on the Root of your sd card(not in any folder)..
put phone in bootloader..
follow on screen instructions..
done!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you can find a .nbh of the verizon 6.5 rom, you can flash it from your phone... thats how i upgraded from sprint 6.1 to 6.5. ill help you out and see if i can find it
Old 07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jerseygeorge is a n00b

Sounded great, but it did not work. I took the .exe file and renamed it . I put it on the root directory. I go in with File Explorer and see the file. I click on it to open it and get a message:

The file cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found, blah, blah, blah, etc.

Next suggestion????
Old 07-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

no they arent talking about the exe file. inside what you've downloaded is the file they are talking about you need to extract the package you downloaded i also have a mac ill see if i can get you some step by step instructions

Edit : i forgot that the 6.5 upgrade from htc comes as a whole exe file... still tring to help ya...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 07-19-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jerseygeorge is a n00b

Thanks, there are just two files. One is a doc, the other exe.

If I just brought this to Verizon and said, "Upgrade this please", would they do it?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygeorge View Post
Thanks, there are just two files. One is a doc, the other exe.

If I just brought this to Verizon and said, "Upgrade this please", would they do it?
As long as you have a stock ROM in there when you go in, they should. Call them up and ask them to be sure.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MsNattie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MsNattie

I'm sure someone has already posted something about this but I can't quite find it and I only skimmed the first page. But I specifically joined PPCG because I am SO frustrated with my phone ever since I "downgraded" to 6.5. It looks cooler, but it runs SO slow and is only getting worse. If I ever had an emergency and needed to call 911 I'm sure I'll be dead before I could even dial the second "1". I've looked at other forums and I'm not the only one with this problem. It's especially with my texts, (I've cleaned out everything, even ones I wanted to save). I don't have any 3rd party applications on my phone, it's almost brand new (since I've had to replace it like 3 times). I want a patch or go back to 6.1!!!! I want to throw this darn thing at the wall!!!

It locks up all the time so I always have to take the battery out and reset it...and every time I do, it will randomly send an old text message from a day or 2 prior to a random person. It's embarressing and I am ready to say F it to WM phones!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Make sure you only keep the minimum of mails and texts on this phone. It is very sensitive to that. I've found that just doing that will eliminate SOD in most instances. If that doesn't do it, it looks like it's custom ROM time for you, and the necessary unlocking the phone prior to flashing it with a custom ROM. I'm guessing you don't want to do that if you don't have to, so try the email and text reduction first. And I'm talking about keeping just a handful ( less than 10 ) of each. Archive them if you really can't bear to lose them. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MsNattie is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MsNattie
Red face Re: Upgrading to 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
Make sure you only keep the minimum of mails and texts on this phone. It is very sensitive to that. I've found that just doing that will eliminate SOD in most instances. If that doesn't do it, it looks like it's custom ROM time for you, and the necessary unlocking the phone prior to flashing it with a custom ROM. I'm guessing you don't want to do that if you don't have to, so try the email and text reduction first. And I'm talking about keeping just a handful ( less than 10 ) of each. Archive them if you really can't bear to lose them. Good luck.
Thank you so much!! (Sucks though) And I was skimming the other threads with all this fancy custom ROM talk and it's intimidating!! I'm a text wh0re - 3000+ texts a month. So you can only imagine. Dangit...ok. Hoping I can learn a thing or two about all this fancy talk....I DO have a passion for computers so I kinda get it...

I did have my gmail set to keep 30 days worth of emails, I've cut that down to 5 days. Same with my Yahoo. I am praying for either a patch, or an EVO Pro that will have a slide out keyboard.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2