PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia
Touch pro 2, Evo Replacement?

I was wondering if anyone knew when & if sprint will start replacing the touch pro 2 for the evo or another phone

I always upgraded my phone through the insurance company Mogul - Touch -Touch pro - Touch pro 2. its ashame the HD2 can't work with sprint so the next best thing is the EVO unless someone has any information on the next windows mobile phone?

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touch pro 2, Evo Replacement?

I could be wrong but I dont think they would exchange a wm for an android
Old 07-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

darkfyre is a n00b

Yeah, and even if they did, I think the Hero might be the one they send, since they're closer to eachother in terms of time of release and internal makeup.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAndroidN00b View Post
I could be wrong but I dont think they would exchange a wm for an android
It's not based on what O/S you're running, that plays no role in phone exchanges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfyre View Post
Yeah, and even if they did, I think the Hero might be the one they send, since they're closer to eachother in terms of time of release and internal makeup.
No, it most likely would be the EVO because they go by what phone costs equivalent to what you currently have, and the EVO and TP2 are the same price so 9/10 times I'd bet they replace the TP2 with an EVO (if they don't send you a refurbished TP2 the first few times)...

Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

kabal is a n00b

Until we see an actual case, I don't see this happening. Mainly for one reason, the 4G tax. I can't see them giving you a replacement phone that REQUIRES an extra fee to be used. Plus I'm pretty sure there is a large surplus of TP2 new and refurb out there to last a while. At least until the Samsung Android comes out that has the keyboard, I can see that being more of a replacement simply based on specs.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

I really can't see the "4G Tax" coming into play on this. I assume they would just tell you they COULD send you an Evo, but it WILL raise your Bill an extra $10/Month.

I also don't see them sending a Hero, It is called an UPgrade, now a DOWNgrade (wink).

I would assume for the Rhodium, You would get an Evo (but god, why would you want to?, I will keep my Rhodium, thank you very much)
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

they were offering blackberrys for touch pros 1s last year, so that throws the os theory out the window. bb's also require bbi service, witch doesnt always come with your plan, so that means an extra fee phone wont matter to them either.they were also offering palm pros too, because of os too, so that means your not limited to the same brand. i think its just what they think they can get by with. i can see that even though the tp2 life cycle might be about over, they will be giving these phones out for a long time. helll, the still have moguls to give out from assurion.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2

mrprism133 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
they were offering blackberrys for touch pros 1s last year, so that throws the os theory out the window. bb's also require bbi service, witch doesnt always come with your plan, so that means an extra fee phone wont matter to them either.they were also offering palm pros too, because of os too, so that means your not limited to the same brand. i think its just what they think they can get by with. i can see that even though the tp2 life cycle might be about over, they will be giving these phones out for a long time. helll, the still have moguls to give out from assurion.
that bb thing must truly have something to do with where you are at. being with sprint since the motorola startac 7900 days i never seen them offer a replacement that at least wasnt the same manufacturer
Old 07-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

usvi525 is a n00b

I dont see the EVO as being a relacement device. Like someone already said Droid for WM not going to happen and just another thought they cant keep those devices in stock at all. So by the time they do a swap from the TP2 to EVO they maybe using LTE. Oh and when someone mention the swap from the original touch pro to the another model ie Blackberry or moment the Blackberry 8330 was already pulled for the 8530 and the moment is an ok phone but nothing to write home to mama about. (first post just my thought)
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

any one else here get the choice of a two diffrent blackberrys, the htc snap, palm treo pro, and then if you got lucky tp2? i took the touch pro 2, because it was obviously the superior phone, but they offered a wide variety.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2