PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

KHPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch pro 2 fails please help

Hey everyone! This morning hooked my phone up to the charger as usual and for some reason the charging ight indicator fails to turn on and charge. i figured it was the charger or cable so I tried 3 different charger and cables and still it wil not charge my phone. I have tried hooking my TP@ to 3 different computers and the computers have quit recognizing the phone. When I hook up any of the chargers the active sync pp up on the TP2 pops up as if the TP2weas hooked up to a computer

The only way that the charging light will come on is when the phone is turned completely off and then in charges.

I cleaned the contacts hoping that would help with no avail and now i am afraid i am gonna have to trade my phone in for another TP2.

Sadly i have a custom rom on my TP2 and i cant send back my phone without flashing to stock. And obviously i cant use any of my computers to flah back I used the search feature and google and cant seem to find a way to flash back to the original Verizon rom from my SD card.

Could anyone please help me out so i can send back my phone? or a good thread on flashing to the original verizon rom using my SD card? or what possibly could of happened to my phone to cause this?

Thank You everyone
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

There should be a sticky about flashing roms from the sd card. Its not hard at all. Also just get ahold of the VZW stock rom and flash it and it'll lock ya back up and you'll be good to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Touch pro 2 fails please help

Before you get to far ahead of yourself..............have you tried to hard reset yet..
Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Before you get to far ahead of yourself..............have you tried to hard reset yet..
or for that matter even a soft reset, I have run across this before, very similar to what the OP stated, a soft reset fixed it for me.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

There is a setting in the stock roms to not charge the phone if it is turned on, I know dang well it is in there, can I find it right now, nope.

Another option could be that you told the phone to connect as a USB thumbdrive device in the settings/all settings/usb to pc setting screen? lastly you can ruin cables (especially cheapie ones) so in all the other PC's were they all with the same cable?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
There is a setting in the stock roms to not charge the phone if it is turned on, I know dang well it is in there, can I find it right now, nope.

Another option could be that you told the phone to connect as a USB thumbdrive device in the settings/all settings/usb to pc setting screen? lastly you can ruin cables (especially cheapie ones) so in all the other PC's were they all with the same cable?
well, if you have Sense 2.5 then goto Settings>Menu>All Settings>System>Power>Battery. I believe that's it. My phone is frozen at the moment else I'd verify that...
Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b

I did a hard reset twice. Um ill check into the settings but I know i didnt change anything. I used 3 separate cables and chargers and 3 different computers.

Its weird , when I hook up the phone to charge it the screen pops up with the active sync or disc drive.

I have a replacement coming in , Im just in a hurry to find a easy way to flash back to original verizon rom.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b

I went into all the settings that everyone mentioned and there all normal

It just boggles my mind that the phone charges fine when the phone is off but it fails to charge when its on.. Weird
Old 07-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b

Update: i finally figured out how to flash a rom VIA a SD card but guess what happens before I could eeven flash? My phone will not turn on now or go into bootloader. I even tried the hard reset using the hrd keys and th phone will not tun on.
Anyone know why my phone will not tun on?
Old 07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHPower View Post
Update: i finally figured out how to flash a rom VIA a SD card but guess what happens before I could eeven flash? My phone will not turn on now or go into bootloader. I even tried the hard reset using the hrd keys and th phone will not tun on.
Anyone know why my phone will not tun on?
It's not charged?

Honestly sounds like you have some bad hardware issues. might want to take it to one of the corp. stores and have them look at it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2