PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Kind of a stupid question but worth a try

I did search and came up with some ideas but none to specific about what I'm looking for anyway. i got my touch pro 2 about a month ago or so, New as a replacement for my touch pro so i didn't get any accessories or anything. Anyway i always meant to get a screen protector when i could come up with the extra cash (lost my job last year). But now i have a few scratches on the screen i think maybe from keeping it in my pocket. If i'm in like the messaging app the scratch will glare on the screen. (Don't know how to explain it better then that). My question is now that i do have some extra cash is there anything i can buy that will remove the scratches if it exists. Also can anyone recommend a good screen protector because i constantly worry about the screen.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Kind of a stupid question but worth a try

Not sure about the scratches, but as far as a screen protector, that's about like asking which rom is best or fastest. So many opinions out there.

I've used BoxWave's "clear touch crystal screen", and i'm currently using Zagg's invisible shield.

Boxwave isn't as durable, maybe a little "slicker", Zagg is definitely durable and lifetime warranty.

i hope that helps.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
Not sure about the scratches, but as far as a screen protector, that's about like asking which rom is best or fastest. So many opinions out there.

I've used BoxWave's "clear touch crystal screen", and i'm currently using Zagg's invisible shield.

Boxwave isn't as durable, maybe a little "slicker", Zagg is definitely durable and lifetime warranty.

i hope that helps.
Thanks i appreciate it and yea i know but i hear a lot of mixed reviews although i've never bought a screen proctor before so i don't know whats good. I've heard somethings good and bad about invisasheild or something like that. I found some pretty cheap ones on amazon but i want whats best for my phone. The scratches on my screen arent anything major it's just annoying to see the glare and stuff you know? I was reading under my in store repair agreement that they do repair normal wear and tear but i haven't even owned the phone very long for me to ask if i even should i think they would laugh. But yea i guess i'll have to look into those options. lifetime warranty sounds pretty good, thanks again.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I did not have a screen protector on mine for about the first 3 months I had the phone so I had a few very minor scratch marks on my screen. I finally got some Phantom screen protectors and I can't see the scratch marks at all. It has a nice feel to me and they have been really good. it's suppose to be a self healing screen protector and so far thats held up to be true for me.

www.phantomskinz.com

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I did not have a screen protector on mine for about the first 3 months I had the phone so I had a few very minor scratch marks on my screen. I finally got some Phantom screen protectors and I can't see the scratch marks at all. It has a nice feel to me and they have been really good. it's suppose to be a self healing screen protector and so far thats held up to be true for me.

www.phantomskinz.com
hmm that does sound pretty good and at a 9.99 price is very reasonable, do you know if they sell it in any sprint, best buy, radio shack, etc stores or it's online only? I don't mind buying it online i just want to get it as soon as possible. Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Like I said, you'll get a myriad of "opinions".
Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
hmm that does sound pretty good and at a 9.99 price is very reasonable, do you know if they sell it in any sprint, best buy, radio shack, etc stores or it's online only? I don't mind buying it online i just want to get it as soon as possible. Thanks for your reply.
They only sell them online but they come in a 2 pack and they are pretty quick from what I remember. if you need something in a hurry go to a AT&T store and get some of there for there Tilt 2 they work perfectly for all the TP2's.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

cfendrick is becoming a great contributor

I wouldn't ever by a protector because of the lifetime warranty as I never keep my phone long enough. I usually go for the cheap 5-10 pasck on ebay that have the 3 layers or at least picture that you remove one side to stick down and then remove the top piece of plastic after applying. Then swap them out when I feel the need because i have extras or some dirt gets under it from being in my pocket an snags an edge...
Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfendrick View Post
I wouldn't ever by a protector because of the lifetime warranty as I never keep my phone long enough. I usually go for the cheap 5-10 pasck on ebay that have the 3 layers or at least picture that you remove one side to stick down and then remove the top piece of plastic after applying. Then swap them out when I feel the need because i have extras or some dirt gets under it from being in my pocket an snags an edge...
A quality Screen protector should not snag or let dirt get under it, I don't know how often most people change there screen protectors but most of the time I only ever use maybe 2 or 3 at the most of the life of my phone because of buying quality screen protectors but each to His or Her own ..................
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I have a Boxwave with a non-glare surface. It's been very durable and gives a better "feel".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2