PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2 6.5>tp2 6.1> (3) tp1s> (2) titans> (3) apaches
Carrier: sprint

mattatat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mattatat
HELP ME NOW! lmao please? *begs*

sooo... i had sprint upgrade my tp2 to 6.5.... and i dont know if anyone else is having some of the problems i am.... i know lots of people are having the sleep of death stuff, and thats annoying sure... but ive got two phones, if you call yourself, it wakes it up... but i digress..

sprint sent me a new tp2, and all of the things the old one did... so i have two... so if one gets bricked idc really... im sure that if its possible to get back to 6.1, someone here can help.....

so... the picture album gives me error messages and doesnt work... when i soft reset, it sometimes takes up to 25 mins to fully boot up.... its pretty freaking bad. i called sprint, they gave me the same old song and dance... take the battery out and let it sit for 2 mins then... blah blah blah.... refresh your profile.... has this actually ever solved ANYTHING???

anyway.... *rantmodeoff* i want 6.1 back. just plain jane, stock sprint 6.1.... help! anyone? [-o<
Old 06-29-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: HELP ME NOW! lmao please? *begs*

So are you asking for the Stock 6.1 ROM..?? Or how to help fix your issue..?? I'd say unlock it, flash task29, than flash stock and relock it if you don't want a hooked up phone... Task29 removes everything so it could snag onto whatever's messing your phone up... Or you could just flash stock 6.1 over your current setup and be on your way, but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for..

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:41 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the tp2 forum.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sprint stock ROM is here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
and you don't have to unlock to install a stock ROM, it has the proper certificates in it.
Task 29 probably won't do anything to help either since stock ROMs do a task28 if I am not mistaken.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

dont do any of that task crap.. think about it, task is a few months old..weve been flashing for years and never needed it before... just like the "flash dance" - you didnt hear about it until serval months ago as well.. just pointless stuff for overcautious users.. never done any of those and never had any problems...

your supposed 25minute load time is probably because you have zillions of emails... also the music tab slows things up...

not to be offense, and hopefully not being; but your obviously a hardcore lurker, dont read up on things before making statements, nor try to fix things yourself before asking the masses.... id suggest making the mods for 6.5 to run better before giving up on it entirely and going back to 6.1 with manila 2.1..

just my opinion
Old 06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
sprint stock ROM is here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
and you don't have to unlock to install a stock ROM, it has the proper certificates in it.
Task 29 probably won't do anything to help either since stock ROMs do a task28 if I am not mistaken.
Thats correct.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
dont do any of that task crap.. think about it, task is a few months old..weve been flashing for years and never needed it before... just like the "flash dance" - you didnt hear about it until serval months ago as well.. just pointless stuff for overcautious users..
I agree 100%

I have flashed TONs of ROMs all the way back to the xv6700 days & never did anything but flash the new ROM. That never once caused me a problem.

~John
Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

while I don't want to sound like a dance29 fanboy, but I do think it makes sense for at least a 2nd hard-reset after changing kernels. since 6.5 drastically changed memory kernel's and mapping, going back to 6.1 without would be one of the cases that may matter.

the only time I noticed issues by not dancing was when nuekernel came out for the mogul, but I just recently went to 6.5 and not sure if I'll go back to .1.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree 100%

I have flashed TONs of ROMs all the way back to the xv6700 days & never did anything but flash the new ROM. That never once caused me a problem.

~John
ok, second time i agree with you sir.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2 6.5>tp2 6.1> (3) tp1s> (2) titans> (3) apaches
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mattatat is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattatat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
dont do any of that task crap.. think about it, task is a few months old..weve been flashing for years and never needed it before... just like the "flash dance" - you didnt hear about it until serval months ago as well.. just pointless stuff for overcautious users.. never done any of those and never had any problems...

your supposed 25minute load time is probably because you have zillions of emails... also the music tab slows things up...

not to be offense, and hopefully not being; but your obviously a hardcore lurker, dont read up on things before making statements, nor try to fix things yourself before asking the masses.... id suggest making the mods for 6.5 to run better before giving up on it entirely and going back to 6.1 with manila 2.1..

just my opinion
lol no offense taken... been away from flashing for awhile.... did it alot with the apache and the mogul, but the tp1 i had was trash from the get go and since ive had the tp2 i really hadnt needed anything different than stock.. so ive pretty much just been peeking in lol im gonna try deleting the music and pictures tabs... altho i kinda like the pictures tab...

i dont keep too many emails... and i try to keep texts cleaned out... 6.5 without a memory card and contacts runs fine... its speedy, but i have almost 600 contacts for work...and i know thats notorious for slowing wm down... ill try deleting those tabs and post back

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2