PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

jasonmntgmry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad Video Quality

I recently upgraded the rom on my tp2 to Energy and i lost the high res video quality i had. I checked the settings for the camcorder and the highest itll go is 640x480 MPEG4. I cant remember what it was set at before but i know the res was much higher that that. Can anyone help?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Bad Video Quality

i always do these 2 reg edits... i got them from the hd2 tweaks thread and i do seem to get better quality pics and vids. you need a registry editor like phm reg edit or resco registry.

56. Increase Picture Quality of Camera Photos
The following tweak will allow the camera to save images at a less compressed jpeg rate, meaning that the image will be sharper and more detailed.
HKLM\software\htc\camera\image\jpegquaity\superfin e
"3Msize" = 746028

62. Improve Camera Recording Quality of MPEG4-VGA Videos
The following tweak will increase the video quality from 2100avg bit-rate to 4500avg bit-rate.
Go to [HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\recparam\MP4VGA and replace the BitRate value with 4194304 (default value = 2097152)

those do the trick for me. Let me know if you need any help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmntgmry View Post
I recently upgraded the rom on my tp2 to Energy and i lost the high res video quality i had.
I have the exact same problem with the latest NRG.

I tried the two reg edits listed, but my video is still awful (& it was fine before)

~John
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sounds like its a issue with the NRG rom then
Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have the exact same problem with the latest NRG.

I tried the two reg edits listed, but my video is still awful (& it was fine before)

~John
Is it jsut the playback on the TP2? Have you tried playing on a PC and see how it looks? Could be recording nicely (after regedits?) but playback is jacked for some reason....
Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jasonmntgmry is a n00b

@puff601 - Thank you i will try that as soon as i get home today!

@kliptik - oh ya i tried playin them on the pc and it was even worse w/ the large monitor! Video is choppy and pixelated. Ill try puffs fix and if it doesnt work ill try another rom. Hope it works though cuz i like the energy rom but id switch back to stock just to get my video back!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:42 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmntgmry View Post
@puff601 - Thank you i will try that as soon as i get home today!

@kliptik - oh ya i tried playin them on the pc and it was even worse w/ the large monitor! Video is choppy and pixelated. Ill try puffs fix and if it doesnt work ill try another rom. Hope it works though cuz i like the energy rom but id switch back to stock just to get my video back!
if it was worse then its the vid not ppc, post the vid. oh wait, you shot the vid with ppc. got it now.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tubra is a n00b

I have the same issue using a custom rom from the remnant of Calc's kitchen. I compared it to an old video from the final release of calc's kitchen and the quality is awful now.

EDIT: I did some comparing of the files and it looks like the data/total bit rates for the correct recording are 750-800+ kpbs and the ones from the current problem seem to be significantly lower @ 193-222 kbps. Im going to see if some regedits work to bump them up where they are supposed to be.

Update: Ok, I was playing around with reg edits and I set my HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\recparam\MP4VGA\bitrate to 1024000 and it seemed to fix the issue, any higher than 1050000 seems to kill the tweak and return it to 120kbps of recording.

Last edited by Tubra; 06-15-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: update
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jasonmntgmry is a n00b

Hell to the YA! Got it workin much better now. Set the bitrate to 1024000 and video was much sharper. now that i know how to change parameters im playin w/ it tryin to make it better. I set it to puff601 settings of 4194304 but was still pixelated. thanks neway for the help...from everyone really...and if i find any new tweaks that make it better ill holla back w/ them.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Almost a VIP

im glad i could help! i get so much help from the guys on here, it feels good to be able to return the favor every once in a while

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2