PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slickdaddy96 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TypeLoadException error when trying to run Bing App (bingclient.exe)

I downloaded and installed the new Bing app for my phone. It installed, but then it won't run. It just tells me an unexpected error has occurred in BingClient.exe.

When I hit details for the error it just says:

BingClient.exe
TypeLoadException

Nothing else is in the details.

I had recently installed a Registry cleaner and cleaned the registry, but after doing so I had issues throughout my phone, I restored the registry back to the day before I ran that program.

I have also tried unistalling and reinstalling the Bing App. I also delete Net CF 3.5 and reinstalled still didn't help. I finally tried uninstalling Net CF 3.5 then installing Net CF 1.0 then Net CF 2.0 then finally Net CF 3.5, then installed back the Bing app, and still no help.

Any suggestions other than Hard Reset? Is there anyway to debug and see where the hangup is that makes it error?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

After you uninstall the bing app, wait a few seconds and turn your device off completely. Wait a min or two and then turn it back on let it finish booting. Wait a min. Then re-download the bing app from bing.com not the marketplace. Then reinstall. A few people have had isses with the marketplace version. Hope that works!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slickdaddy96 is a n00b
Re: TypeLoadException error when trying to run Bing App (bingclient.exe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

After you uninstall the bing app, wait a few seconds and turn your device off completely. Wait a min or two and then turn it back on let it finish booting. Wait a min. Then re-download the bing app from bing.com not the marketplace. Then reinstall. A few people have had isses with the marketplace version. Hope that works!
I tried what you suggested and it still doesn't work. I uninstalled Bing and then soft reset the phone. I then installed bing from bing.com but Bing tries to open right after it is installed and immediately gives me the error. I get out of the error and soft reset the phone, and then try to start Bing again, and it gives the same error again.

I really wish I could try this app. I hear great things... The old version of Bing worked great for me. Don't know why this one doesn't...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

That sucks!
Did you install, uninstall, or change something else before you originally downloaded and installed this new bing?
It should definitely work.
Sometimes it helps to backtrack a little to avoid a hard reset.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slickdaddy96 is a n00b
Re: TypeLoadException error when trying to run Bing App (bingclient.exe)

I did install the Android software on the SD card, but that should not have done anything to the WM file system or registry to screw that up.

The only other thing was what I said in my first post, that I had installed a Registry Cleaner App, then I ran it, but once I soft reseted once after doing the registry cleaner I was getting errors with voice commands (or at least that is what the error messages said. So I went back into the registry cleaner program and restored to the point before it deleted anything from the registry. I got no more errors once I did that, so I assume that fixed whatever I had messed up. I really think it has something to do with Net CF 3.5 for some reason, but at this point I have installed that multiple times, and that has not helped.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Hmm...well are you thinking about flashing a new rom? lol!
Or at least hard resetting?
Might be a reason to flash something new!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2