PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
On Verizon? Want a free Droid Incredible?!

PLEASE READ

Well guys, I started a thread on staying with WinMo, and although I did state that I was STAYING.....my TP2 crapped out on me for the FOURTH time.

I feel like the world's biggest hypocrite after starting this thread, but I too will be leaving WinMo.

My TP2's charging port failed in the end. It would no longer charge with the HTC cable or sync to the computer with the HTC USB cable. It would however charge with my RAZR charger (min USB).

Took it in to the store and the lady said the same old "we can send a refurb to you." But this time, she encouraged me to call Verizon Customer Service since this would be my FIFTH TP2.

The Good Part

I called over to Verizon Customer Service, and it turned out "incredible"

They are sending me a BRAND NEW in the box Droid Incredible for free! I get to keep my current TP2 as well! It still runs perfect, charges fine (with mini USB cable, not HTC cable), it just won't sync to computer.

I think I came out pretty well

So, if you have had 4 refurbs from Verizon, try giving customer service a call and see what the can do for you

Don't click me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

joe50000 is a n00b
Re: On Verizon? Want a free Droid Incredible?!

I do this all the time, but I just say i'm going to switch to AT&T for the iPhone. They usually give me the phone i want free, or with a discount, and I have to renew my contract.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Dude finally, you're gonna love android!!!!!!! If you need help getting started with apps and stuff shoot me up a pm!

Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

David's back! hahaha thanks man I appreciate it
Old 05-23-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

joe50000 is a n00b

FYI Verizon doesn't do this anymore. You got this because they have a policy that if you go through the same model 4 times, the fifth time they move you to a new phone. They stopped this. From now on, you just get the option to buy a refurb phone.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

If you want your ports to work longer then a few weeks. stop yanking & twisting the phone while its plugged in lol... Lucky for me it was the charging cable that decided it was too loose & not the phones port going scew you.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe50000 View Post
FYI Verizon doesn't do this anymore. You got this because they have a policy that if you go through the same model 4 times, the fifth time they move you to a new phone. They stopped this. From now on, you just get the option to buy a refurb phone.
They stopped this policy? I don't think so. I just did this TODAY.

I was told the same thing that you state in your post by a Verizon employee at a different store than the one I went to today. If you call customer service, they will work for you. That's what they're there for.

I was told this policy was done away with a long time ago, yet I just got it to work for me today. I guess it depends who you talk to
Old 05-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

what are y'all doing to phones to phones that are causing them to die prematurely???
oh wait, aren't you the guy who's had multiple replacements because he thinks that tight jean pockets is the best place for a touchscreen device???

Old 05-24-2010, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
oh wait, aren't you the guy who's had multiple replacements because he thinks that tight jean pockets is the best place for a touchscreen device???
ROTFL!!!

I can laugh because I have owned PPCs back to the Apache (xv6800, Diamond, TP, TP2 etc etc) & have never had to have a phone replaced yet.........

~John
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 2.1updated
Carrier: Sprint

Mac11700 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
They stopped this policy? I don't think so. I just did this TODAY.

I was told the same thing that you state in your post by a Verizon employee at a different store than the one I went to today. If you call customer service, they will work for you. That's what they're there for.

I was told this policy was done away with a long time ago, yet I just got it to work for me today. I guess it depends who you talk to
Your lucky..I've been a Verizon customer for over 12 years and went through 6 or 7 phones and they would not switch with me.I even went up to the 3rd tier at corporate to remedy my issues with busted phones. I had 0 luck and was told by corporate if I didn't like their policies,to switch to another carrier.That day (late last month) I pulled my service which was 4 lines and unlimited family plan and went to Sprint.The bad thing about Verizon is even when they replace your phone because it broke (even when having their insurance and having to accept a refurb) they extend your contract for another 2 years. No Thanks to their new policies..they can screw someone else AFAIK.

Mac

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2