PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

redex777 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RhodiumKbdControl kills keyboard+button drivers on stock Sprint ROM

I am experiencing a very frustrating problem relating to the loss of functionality of ALL hardware bttons (excluding te zoom-slider)? I used to hard reset when it happened until i realized it only happens right after installing RhodiumKbdControl.

I don't have any problems with it on ROMs other than stock sprint. I finally figured it out when I tried to run RhodiumKbdControl and it returned an error specifying that there was no keyboard driver running (or that it just couldn't find one running.)

I might have already posted about this, but think it was a few monts ago, and at tht point it was unresolved.

Does anyone else experience this after installing RhodiumKbdControl on stock sprint rom(updated)?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: RhodiumKbdControl kills keyboard+button drivers on stock Sprint ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redex777 View Post
I am experiencing a very frustrating problem relating to the loss of functionality of ALL hardware bttons (excluding te zoom-slider)? I used to hard reset when it happened until i realized it only happens right after installing RhodiumKbdControl.

I don't have any problems with it on ROMs other than stock sprint. I finally figured it out when I tried to run RhodiumKbdControl and it returned an error specifying that there was no keyboard driver running (or that it just couldn't find one running.)

I might have already posted about this, but think it was a few monts ago, and at tht point it was unresolved.

Does anyone else experience this after installing RhodiumKbdControl on stock sprint rom(updated)?
your trying Rhod on your Raph??? says you have a TP1...
Old 05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
So, why start a new thread if you already had one. Just bump your old one. And I never had a problem with RhodiumKDBControl. Only thing I can think of is to reflash the stock rom and see if it helps.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Rhodium = Touch Pro2, it says you have a Raphael aka Touch Pro

The Rhodium hardware drivers are different than the Raphael, that might be the mix up
Old 05-20-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

You need to install the SDK certs cab. This is exactly what happens to me. I freaked out until I realized that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Threadstarter

redex777 is just getting started

Allow me to apologize for my poor grammar, punctuation, and style in the first post. I was in my 8:00AM Calculus lecture and was distracted by a very droll discourse on phase portraits of systems of linear differential equations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
You need to install the SDK certs cab. This is exactly what happens to me. I freaked out until I realized that.
I can't believe I forgot! Thank you.

@boredandtattooed, Deimoss:

My profile information was outdated. I own one Sprint-branded HTC Rhodium W.

@mikejones13:

I wasn't sure if the topic was independent enough to warrant a distinct thread.

@all interested in somewhat trivial explaination

I debated for some time on whether or not to post the following because of its ridiculously frivolous nature, employed by my currently sleep-deprived brain.

<The views expressed herein are not necessarily mine. I took very common, simple errors and expanded them into such complex conditions, that even I am no longer sure what I was intending to do by spending hours writing, expanding, and clarifying.>

@boredandtattooed, Deimoss, mikejones13

I forgot to update my profile information. Please accept my apology for providing incomplete, apparently incorrect. I feel further grief that upon considering both options, I chose incorrectly to make a new thread, rather than post in the old one.

My second fault, mentioned by mikejones13, is inexcusable (possibly excuseable, depending on the context of my liability, but I shall assume the former because my thread creation was questioned). This mistake will help me to define more precisely the general practice used in this forum regarding the relation between topics that may or may not be better suited in a separate thread. In this case, the topics could be considered separate (they are on many other forums, particularly those that are more technical). The first thread was intended for general troubleshooting of a related issue. This thread was an inquiry about whether or not a specific application caused the issue. The mention of my previous thread was superfluous information. The content of the thread as a whole would not have been altered if it was not stated (excluding your post).

There is, however, an explanation that excuses my first transgression. I did not purchase my Rhodium W, receive it as a gift, or obtain it through any other highly memorable event*. Recently, the keyboard in my Raphael 800 failed and I returned it via Sprint-authorized retailer, and they failed to notify me that I would be receiving a Rhodium instead.

* Given that I, having ADHD, may define 'highly memorable' differently from the average receiver of phones.

Last edited by redex777; 05-21-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: capitalization of 'Deimoss'
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just to clarify for my benefit but are you folks saying that the RhodiumKbdControl configurator works with 6.5 Stock Sprint OS?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Use version 1.3.2 and not 1.4 because it has issue on the cdma phones.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What issues are you seeing on cdma phones with v1.4?

I am currently running 1.4 and have verizon TP2 with stock WM6.5 rom. Not issues that I have seen.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 05-21-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
Just to clarify for my benefit but are you folks saying that the RhodiumKbdControl configurator works with 6.5 Stock Sprint OS?
Yes. I am running it right now, works great.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2