PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

chile62 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Blew rear speakers out, not insured.

Playing around with some registry tweaks and Audiopara 3. Both rear speakers are extremely distorted now. (even after returning all settings back to normal and at the lowest volume settings)
Anybody know where i can buy a replacement (already had the speaker assembly off, not hard to do) unit(s) ?
E-bay has had a couple of bad phones go for around $100.00 which is a lot more than i can afford right now.

Thanks.

Ed
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Blew rear speakers out, not insured.

besides just changing the settings back, have you tried a hard reset? that really may fix it befor you go buying a new speaker. also, for the same price as tp2 parts, you can usually buy a bricked phone for parts for pretty cheap. if your not going to keep insurance, it may be good to just have some phone bones laying around...

Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

no insurance on a TP2..?? :frown:

Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

LOVE your avatar lol.

Yea this the 1st time i bought insurance... pricy little sucker to replace outright

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
no insurance on a TP2..?? :frown:

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

If it is under 1 year you could try sending it to HTC for repair, although I know that they can be expensive at times. Give them a call i'm sure they have a rough estimate of pricing.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

If you are with Sprint I would try and go to a repair center and see if they can replace or fix it due to manufacture problems. I got my mogul replaced 2 times without insurance.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
LOVE your avatar lol.

Yea this the 1st time i bought insurance... pricy little sucker to replace outright
haha thanks =)

and yeah I think insurance is a MUST with this thing..
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Its worth a shot. There is no way they can prove that you blew the speakers out. The worse they can say is no...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

bro just do a hard reset, im almost positive that'll fix it..the audioparda probably increased the gain of any sound therefor making it sound distorted...and even after restoring the audioparde, sometimes windows ability to regulate sound level will just get F*** up and stay F**** up till u hard reset...*crakling* from the speaker is usually a good indicator that u blew the voice coil of the speaker....so if u hear crakling or smell sort of a burnt smell coming from the speaker chances are you did *blow* the speaker....either way i highly recomend doing a hard reset to a stock rom...lemme know!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...40#post1677640
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chile62 View Post
Playing around with some registry tweaks and Audiopara 3. Both rear speakers are extremely distorted now. (even after returning all settings back to normal and at the lowest volume settings)
Anybody know where i can buy a replacement (already had the speaker assembly off, not hard to do) unit(s) ?
E-bay has had a couple of bad phones go for around $100.00 which is a lot more than i can afford right now.

Thanks.

Ed
If hard reset doesn't fix it, go to repair center and see if they can do it for free from what people above said..If not the cost to repair a speaker from sprint is 35$ if I remember correctly.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2