PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

Creaturecore is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 will not charge, any idea why?

Ok so when i plug my tp2 into the ac charger the screen to connect to active sync comes up. It for some reason is thinking its trying to connect to a pc and will not charge. It just did this all of a sudden. No new rom or software installed for over a week.

I have 2 ac adapters with 2 different usb cable attachments and no combination works. If i plug it into my pc it charges so its not the battery either.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: TP2 will not charge, any idea why?

Have you tried a soft reset?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X & HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon!

Mr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMr_Alexander is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My Girlfriend had this problem with hers & she took it to the local Verizon store to see if they could repair it. She ended up having it replaced. Unfortunately the refurb they sent her had the exact same problem! So she ended up getting another one.

They figured the port went bad or somehow detached from the circuit board.

Look before you Leap. SEARCH before you Speak.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It could be a messed up usb port,ive seen the same thing happen before and it turned out to be a bad usb port.Take it to a sprint repair store.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

did the two ac adapters work previously?
I had a TP2 that once did that and it ended up being the USB AC Adapters weren't compatible to charge my phone... one was a Motorola and the other was some off-brand. I ended up using a different USB AC Charger and it worked
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700

johnq is keeping up the good workjohnq is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to johnq

ido have same problem but umm ifiger it out that my touch pro2 get hot then stop charging take off the back cover ,may help
Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Threadstarter

Creaturecore is a n00b

One of the AC chargers is brand new, and the other one never did this before. And yes tried a soft reset a few times. Whats also weird i just noticed is it will charge off the AC charger if the phone is turned off but not if its turned on. I dont have insurance so i guess im stuck with it like this.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Creaturecore,

how long have you had the phone? personally I'm getting tired of HTC and the all the problems their touch series phones are having! It's getting ridiculous.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creaturecore View Post
One of the AC chargers is brand new, and the other one never did this before. And yes tried a soft reset a few times. Whats also weird i just noticed is it will charge off the AC charger if the phone is turned off but not if its turned on. I dont have insurance so i guess im stuck with it like this.
If you don't have insurance, I think the workaround would be to get a battery charger and just use that instead of trying to charge via the phone.

Here's one for $4.50 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-Desktop-...item4a9de3a195

Or if you want one that comes with a battery, so you can have one that is fully charged and ready to swap out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280497115858

From China, but I've been ordering eBay stuff from overseas for my cell phones for years, and never had a problem.

Last edited by sl8763; 05-12-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How often do you have it plugged in? This happend to me just this past Sunday. I took it into the repair store and the guy asked me if I leave it plugged in all the time. To which I told him that I did during the day since I cannot transfer my music files to my work computer. He said that the constant current going through the phone for charging and data, burned out the port. No worries tho, its still covered 100%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2