PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to activate on boost mobile?

Hey everyone,
Before yall start your flaming, I am not looking on software configurations on how to fix mms and so on.

What I am trying to is activate a Sprint Branded TP2 on Boost. Boost has a cdma variant that is active here... (we have used cdma phones on this plan). I know it is possible and that people did it all the time, but then sprint broke their website and no more option to switch phones online which is what used to be used to get one of these phones on there...

So, if anyone knows how to actually get the phone onto the plan (without call a csr), please let me know...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: How to activate on boost mobile?

not possible with esn hacking then.. and we cant talk about that
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: boost

alvette78 is a n00b

I just called CRS and had no problem bringing TP2 in
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

reallyy? every person who I spoke to said they had no access to boost accounts so...
Old 04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

sprint will not activate a regular sprint phone on Boost for you.. if its not Boost branded they dont want it on there..... you had to of had a previous Boost cdma device, then you used the website to change the new one in..that worked for awhile... now, youd have to program esns which has a different "word" that we cant talk about... sorry OP, but thats the reality of it
Old 05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Hey everyone,
Before yall start your flaming, I am not looking on software configurations on how to fix mms and so on.

What I am trying to is activate a Sprint Branded TP2 on Boost. Boost has a cdma variant that is active here... (we have used cdma phones on this plan). I know it is possible and that people did it all the time, but then sprint broke their website and no more option to switch phones online which is what used to be used to get one of these phones on there...

So, if anyone knows how to actually get the phone onto the plan (without call a csr), please let me know...
from what I was told, you either have to have a CDMA boost unlimited account and a clean ESN TP2, or a clean ESN sprint tp2 and call boost to activate it.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostMobileCDMA View Post
If anyone wants to get a Sprint phone on Boost Mobile go to
HTML Code:
http://www.BoostMobileCDMA.com
The outrageous prices charged on that site are a total rip off. All you need to do is buy a Boost Mobile IDEN Starter Kit (~$20, less on eBay) and follow the thread on HowardForums here - http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...03&postcount=1
Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: cricket

cookiehawk is a n00b

I've been using my Titan with Boost for almost a year. The data speeds compared to cricket are so much better its a joke. I purchased a plain jain boost cdma phone off ebay then activated it with boost. a week later I called and requested to switch phones. They have a list of esn that are approved and if your phone is not on that list then sorry no soup for you. I had 3 different titans and the only one that was on their list was the sprint mogul (sorry verizon xv6800 folks.)
Here is the trick. They will tell you how to program the phone but they will give you directions how to do a plain jain phone. Just nod, say thank you and be sure to write down the MSID, etc. then using a stock sprint rom program the phone. It will work! After you make a call and hop on the internet get yourself a good rom from Ryan Mogul etc....
Do not mention the word smartphone, mogul etc... If they ask you what kind of phone play dumb, "I don't know it has buttons dude the guy at the store sold it to me." etc... Combine sprints service with the auto repay by boost (no taxes included) and for $48 per month you've got a pretty nice set up. Granted the roaming is nearly as good as the full meal deal from Sprint or Verizon but for half off not a bad way to go.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
The outrageous prices charged on that site are a total rip off. All you need to do is buy a Boost Mobile IDEN Starter Kit (~$20, less on eBay) and follow the thread on HowardForums here - http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...03&postcount=1
Your right in a sense that those price's are stupid high lol, but your wrong in a sense that you need a kit to activate a CDMA sprint phone, that kit is for IDEN service only, not the CDMA unlimited we are discussing,.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
Your right in a sense that those price's are stupid high lol, but your wrong in a sense that you need a kit to activate a CDMA sprint phone, that kit is for IDEN service only, not the CDMA unlimited we are discussing,.
I am aware that the kit I suggested is for IDEN service and not CDMA, If you had read the thread I linked on HoFo right after it, you would have seen why. You must start service on Boost with either an IDEN or CDMA Boost-branded phone or an IDEN starter kit. If you do not, you cannot activate anything else on Boost. Please read fully before posting. The IDEN starter kit is the cheapest option to get service started.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2