PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

jeephed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen fade timer

I know this is a stupid question and I hope you guys can can just point me in the right direction and it's an easy question.
The timer on the screen fade, I found where to change it, but now I can't find the setting again. Where is it?
Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Screen fade timer

Start>Settings>System>Power>Backlight
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephed View Post
I know this is a stupid question and I hope you guys can can just point me in the right direction and it's an easy question.
The timer on the screen fade, I found where to change it, but now I can't find the setting again. Where is it?
Thanks.
not a stupid question, we were all new at one time.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephed View Post
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not a stupid question, we were all new at one time.
when i got my first windows mobile phone it took me 10 minutes to find the start menu, lol

Old 04-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

these guys are giving you the correct answer although it is the noob answer. Do you need the registry edit to set a custom time?

don't mean to come off as rude, just asking
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itony View Post
these guys are giving you the correct answer although it is the noob answer. Do you need the registry edit to set a custom time?

like homescreen time? tap the clock and add what you want.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

If that's what he would have asked we could have helped him with that. But from his question it seemed like all he wanted was the simple setting page.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
like homescreen time? tap the clock and add what you want.
i thought he meant the time it takes for the screen to dim,no?
and then theres the time until the phone goes to sleep(aka screen turn off)

well anyways just throwing it out there so if anyone needs to know...i'm happy to help
Old 04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yes, there are 2 power options: Backlight and Power.

There are registry keys to manually change them, but it is much easier to modify through Start>Settings>System>Power. If you would like the registry keys, I can dig them up for you.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Quote:
i thought he meant the time it takes for the screen to dim,no?
and then theres the time until the phone goes to sleep(aka screen turn off)

well anyways just throwing it out there so if anyone needs to know...i'm happy to help
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Yes, there are 2 power options: Backlight and Power.

There are registry keys to manually change them, but it is much easier to modify through Start>Settings>System>Power. If you would like the registry keys, I can dig them up for you.
I would like to know the regedits to manually set custom times. TIA!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2