PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Skywarp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet connection always on, draining battery

I think my internet connection is always on and may be draining my battery.
Is there a way to deactivate the constant internet connection?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Re: Internet connection always on, draining battery

Its going dormant and not ACTUALLY connected all the time. The counter may say its been connected for 8-10 hrs, but most of the time its dormant and not having a significant effect on battery.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Here you go my friends this .cab disconnects your data after 60 seconds of not being used. It's help me out ALOT, i tend to forget to lock my phone so my screen is always going on the web, which drains battery life and this .cab disconnects my data after 1 minute of me not useing data.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Data Disconnect 60 sec.cab (1.3 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dont use that cab man! if u use that ur fone will have a problem disconnecting from the internet to receive a phone call! it causes the phone dialer's answer/ignore slider to become very laggy (5-10 secs) so by the time the phone responds the caller has hung up or been sent to voicemail...

i have played around with the actual reg edits that this cab makes and i couldnt get anything to solve the dialer problem. the problem is the edit changes the SuspendResume string in the registry. the stock string data is set to #777 for sprint, which is the number that is dialed anytime sprint data is used. it seems that if you change this, the phone loses the ability to properly disconnect from the internet to accept a call... ive tried all sorts of things and that dialer will not work rite unless SuspendResume is set to #777.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

thebutangjedi is a n00b

If anyone finds a fix to that problem I'd love to hear it. I was using the cab prior to 6.5 and I loved the fact that it would turn my internet off. However, the problems answering phone calls/laggy slider was unbearable. Thankfully I upgraded to 6.5 and forgot where the cab was located.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Your battery should be fine. I have push mail and weather auto updates every 30 mins and my battery is usually only around 60% when I go to bed. Thats with about 1 hour of talk time and web browsing on my breaks at work.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Skywarp is a n00b

Hmm.
Any ideas why my battery dies before the end of the day with virtually no usage?

If I set up Push mail through Windows Live, my battery is dead by 4pm
Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic

tkjames is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywarp View Post
Hmm.
Any ideas why my battery dies before the end of the day with virtually no usage?

If I set up Push mail through Windows Live, my battery is dead by 4pm
That's probably why, then. I had Push mail on when I first got the phone and it drains like crazy, especially if you get a bunch of random emails and junk mail all day. Set it to check every 2 hours for all of your email accounts, Windows Live included, and cut off automatic weather updates (or change it to update every 4 hours if you have 6.5). That should help.

Also, with Keyboard Configuration I mapped one of my hard keys to disconnect data on long press. I do that whenever I notice it's been connected for a while.

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Just get in the habit of closing it in comm manager perhaps? Although if you have programs auto connecting at various times it will be useless. Im not important enough that I need my phone to auto connect for email....
Old 04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Tectronus is keeping up the good workTectronus is keeping up the good work

Hey this info i saved from the old Touch Pro forum. This worked for it but don't know about the TP2

This isn't my work... Let us know what you find out if you try
Quote:

HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

After trying all the fixes in this thread I still could not recieve calls when the data connection was active.

BUT I think I may have finally solved this issue after playing around with issue for hours. I am running an (Touch Pro on Verizon with stock rom).

1. Navigate to HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\

2. Delete both of the following keys: "SuspendResume", and "CacheTime"

3. Soft Reset the device

4. Navigate back to the same registry path and ONLY recreate the DWORD value for "CacheTime". And set it to 60 (1 minute connection timeout)

5. Soft Reset the device again

6. Now the auto timeout data connection should work and you should still be able to recieve calls when the connection is active ( at least this works for me).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2