PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Internet connection always on, draining battery (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118026)

Skywarp 04-14-2010 07:58 AM

Internet connection always on, draining battery

I think my internet connection is always on and may be draining my battery.
Is there a way to deactivate the constant internet connection?

isdnmatt 04-14-2010 08:56 AM

Re: Internet connection always on, draining battery

Its going dormant and not ACTUALLY connected all the time. The counter may say its been connected for 8-10 hrs, but most of the time its dormant and not having a significant effect on battery.

PhyscoAssassinx 04-14-2010 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go my friends this .cab disconnects your data after 60 seconds of not being used. It's help me out ALOT, i tend to forget to lock my phone so my screen is always going on the web, which drains battery life and this .cab disconnects my data after 1 minute of me not useing data.

puff601 04-14-2010 11:22 AM

dont use that cab man! if u use that ur fone will have a problem disconnecting from the internet to receive a phone call! it causes the phone dialer's answer/ignore slider to become very laggy (5-10 secs) so by the time the phone responds the caller has hung up or been sent to voicemail...

i have played around with the actual reg edits that this cab makes and i couldnt get anything to solve the dialer problem. the problem is the edit changes the SuspendResume string in the registry. the stock string data is set to #777 for sprint, which is the number that is dialed anytime sprint data is used. it seems that if you change this, the phone loses the ability to properly disconnect from the internet to accept a call... ive tried all sorts of things and that dialer will not work rite unless SuspendResume is set to #777.

thebutangjedi 04-14-2010 12:39 PM

If anyone finds a fix to that problem I'd love to hear it. I was using the cab prior to 6.5 and I loved the fact that it would turn my internet off. However, the problems answering phone calls/laggy slider was unbearable. Thankfully I upgraded to 6.5 and forgot where the cab was located. :)

fr0st 04-14-2010 12:43 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Your battery should be fine. I have push mail and weather auto updates every 30 mins and my battery is usually only around 60% when I go to bed. Thats with about 1 hour of talk time and web browsing on my breaks at work.

Skywarp 04-14-2010 01:05 PM

Hmm.
Any ideas why my battery dies before the end of the day with virtually no usage?

If I set up Push mail through Windows Live, my battery is dead by 4pm

tkjames 04-14-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywarp (Post 1698733)
Hmm.
Any ideas why my battery dies before the end of the day with virtually no usage?

If I set up Push mail through Windows Live, my battery is dead by 4pm

That's probably why, then. I had Push mail on when I first got the phone and it drains like crazy, especially if you get a bunch of random emails and junk mail all day. Set it to check every 2 hours for all of your email accounts, Windows Live included, and cut off automatic weather updates (or change it to update every 4 hours if you have 6.5). That should help.

Also, with Keyboard Configuration I mapped one of my hard keys to disconnect data on long press. I do that whenever I notice it's been connected for a while.

i360 04-14-2010 03:54 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Just get in the habit of closing it in comm manager perhaps? Although if you have programs auto connecting at various times it will be useless. Im not important enough that I need my phone to auto connect for email....

Tectronus 04-14-2010 04:42 PM

Hey this info i saved from the old Touch Pro forum. This worked for it but don't know about the TP2

This isn't my work... Let us know what you find out if you try
Quote:

HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

It is a multi-sz value and should be #777. If it shows anything like ~GPRS or something containing GPRS, change it back to #777 and soft reset.

After trying all the fixes in this thread I still could not recieve calls when the data connection was active.

BUT I think I may have finally solved this issue after playing around with issue for hours. I am running an (Touch Pro on Verizon with stock rom).

1. Navigate to HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\

2. Delete both of the following keys: "SuspendResume", and "CacheTime"

3. Soft Reset the device

4. Navigate back to the same registry path and ONLY recreate the DWORD value for "CacheTime". And set it to 60 (1 minute connection timeout)

5. Soft Reset the device again

6. Now the auto timeout data connection should work and you should still be able to recieve calls when the connection is active ( at least this works for me).