PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro foO!
Carrier: Sprint

jevsays is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTF SMS... and 6.5 > 6.1?

I'm not sure what the official terms are but when I receive a text there are two different ways SMS comes up..

One way is just how the first touch pro did with threaded texts and soft keys being SEND and MENU (or options, which ever it may have been)

and the other way comes up with this huge SEND button to the right of the replying message body.

Tried searching various SMS threads but came up short of an answer to this situation.. Apologies if I may have skipped over a previous one.

And would you all recommend upgrading to 6.5 over 6.1? I'm still debating to or not. Thank you all!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Re: WTF SMS... and 6.5 > 6.1?

I'd upgrade. It's better IMO. It has its quirks, but definitely better.

Also, I'm assuming you're still running the stock rom?
If so, definitely ditch that and get a custom rom.

What have you installed? If it's a stock rom, something you installed must have caused this unless it's been doing it ever since you got it.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

there are actually a couple threads over this (i would know i started one =) )the answer i believe is:

send on the right = htc messaging which MANY hate(not all)

send on the bottom left = windows mobile messaging which many are trying but not yet successful in finding a way to get to every time instead of htc messaging

on 6.1 i was able to install a cab to go to wm messaging all the time. on 6.5 that is not possible...yet
Old 04-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jevsays is a n00b
Wink Re: WTF SMS... and 6.5 > 6.1?

Thanks for the input!

I would like to switch to 6.5 but maybe I'll wait 'til they come out with some more tweaks and reg edits beforehand.

For the record, I DISLIKE HTC messaging very much. Do you still have the cab or link to the prog you installed to direct the phone to WM messaging every time?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:50 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

credit goes of course to zeynee. i will look for the originzl post. will link to it shortly.
edit: the oldest mention of this cab is the energy rom thread. not a post by the original cab maker. sorry. also, this cab only disables bringing up htc messaging when you tap the message on tf3d. you must tap all messages in on the lower left softkey. tapping the message does nothing.
edit number 2: i found it at xda. lol
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by austin420; 04-12-2010 at 12:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
credit goes of course to zeynee. i will look for the originzl post. will link to it shortly.
that is a seriously ugly work-around imo.. lots of bugs such as unread message stays on the tab and led light keeps blinking even after reading the messages.

would be a lot better if we could just click the sms message on htc and it opens wm sms threaded (like the old hack for manila 2.1 which doesn't work on 2.5 via 47dd6acd_manila file). unfortunately no one has come up with a good solution like there was in manila 2.1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
that is a seriously ugly work-around imo.. lots of bugs such as unread message stays on the tab and led light keeps blinking even after reading the messages.

would be a lot better if we could just click the sms message on htc and it opens wm sms threaded (like the old hack for manila 2.1 which doesn't work on 2.5 via 47dd6acd_manila file). unfortunately no one has come up with a good solution like there was in manila 2.1.
the 1.2 version didnt have any problems that i remember. i could be mistaken, or you could have used an older version. see my edited post for original post for that cab.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jevsays is a n00b

Damn the world...

I've noticed like you mentioned that even going through the threaded view going back to all messages will still show there will be unread messages. This damn device is all bugged out from my old Touch Pro.

I'm not liking how HTC Mess does not capitilize the first word of each sentence. I do a lot of business work/texts through my phone and it makes me so illiterate.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jevsays is a n00b

Oh, and thanks for the cab, kind sir! I'll def try that out and see how things go.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: THE INCREDIBLE "DROID I"
Carrier: Veriz-off

naejae730 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevsays View Post
I'm not liking how HTC Mess does not capitilize the first word of each sentence. I do a lot of business work/texts through my phone and it makes me so illiterate.
That's actually my only problem with HTC Messaging. Unlike most of you I prefer it over the Windows version. To me, it's nicer to look at.

Does anyone know a fix to get the first letter capitalized in a sentence through HTC Messaging?

"The difference between a SMART person and a WISE person is that a SMART person knows what to say, and a WISE person knows whether to say it or not".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2