PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC6800); Touch Pro; Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Shahriar5252 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Force 1X over EVDO in Touch Pro2 (or toggle btwn CDMA 2G and 3G)

Does anyone know why the registry hack for enabling the Mode of Operations in Sprint's 1st generation Touch Pro (wm6.1 stock ROM) does not work for Sprint's Touch Pro2 (wm6.5 stock ROM)?

For Sprint's 1st generation Touch Pro, Mode of Operations menu can be enabled by going to registry\HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting and changing the value of 'HiddenModeOperationPage' from 1 to 0. Then, in Comm Manager, you could click Menu, Phone Settings, Services Tab, and scroll down for "Mode of Operations". And you will see "Hybrid", "EVDO only", and "1X Only" as options that you can select. Others even made a mortscript-based toggle switch to toggle quickly between Hybrid and 1X Only modes.

I find the same registry key in Touch pro2 (wm6.5 stock ROM), but changing the value of 'HiddenModeOperationPage' from 1 to 0 still does not bring the mode of operations menu in the Phone settings/CDMA services tab. I checked the registery key to make sure the value was still 0, and it was. But I still cannot get mode of operations menu.

This is needed to save substantial amount of battery if you live or work in an area where EVDO signal is weak and your phone is constantly jumping between weak EVDO and better-signal 1X.

Also use of Sprint's Airave, which only provides 1X, can be enhanced by forcing 1X only mode because you don't want your phone to try to switch to a far away EVDO tower momentarily because of the weak EVDO signal in your place. That would result in dropped calls all the time because sometimes calls come through when you are momentarily connected to the far-away tower.

There are mortscript-based toggle switches that people have made for custom ROMs with wm6.5 (see post#2 here), but I need to get the mode of operations menu to show up in Touch Pro2 first.

I really need this, so if anyone knows how to get it working for Sprint's Touch Pro2, please let me know.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Force 1X over EVDO in Touch Pro2 (or toggle btwn CDMA 2G and 3G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post

I have beem there (which is for original Touch Pro) and tried those CAB's, and none of them can work on Sprint's stock ROM for TP2 wm6.5 because they all depend on the user's going to do a registry tweak o unhide the Mode of Operations Menu as I have reported in my above post. The problem is that the registry fix to unhide the Mode of Operations menu in Sprint's TP2 wm6.5 stock ROM does not work.

I cannot get the mode of operations menu to come up to be able to use any of the mortscript-based programs for toggling between EVDO and 1X. Looks like Sprint and HTC have deleted some registry keys to destroy mode of operations menu for unknown reasons.

However, custom ROMs of wm6.5 have it. Has anyone been able to successfully edit the registry to unhide the mode of operations for Sprint's TP2 on the newly released stock ROM for wm6.5?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

paigoomein is a n00b

I have the same issue--anyone know how to do this? I made the registry and also don't see the mode of operations page.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Sysmai is a n00b

No toggle, but a workaround none the less I found. Its in my post in XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29#post6661529
Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

This cab may work out for you
Attached Files
File Type: cab SwitchRoamMode.cab (406.0 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_RAIN View Post
This cab may work out for you

Thanks for the CAB. I have been looking for an easy menu to switch between Home Only and Roam only modes. Of course, the Roam only mode does give you 1X only mode but it is over roaming, not Sprint. I was looking for a way to enable 1X only mode over Sprint, not over a roaming network. As I said originally, this was easily done in Touch Pro by going to the Mode of Operations menu, but this menu was removed in TP2.

But thanks for the CAB. I installed it and it is very useful for places when I want my phone to stay on roam only mode. Thank you.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

derango1 is just getting started

Not to necropost, but has anyone figured out a solution for this yet? I have perfect 1x signal with Sprint in my house, but EVDO is terrible. I miss the mode of operations menu.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by derango1 View Post
Not to necropost, but has anyone figured out a solution for this yet? I have perfect 1x signal with Sprint in my house, but EVDO is terrible. I miss the mode of operations menu.
Have you tried this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478519

About
WMLongLife is an automatic 2G/3G band-switching solution. It will keep your device in 2G when you do not need to use 3G, and will switch to 3G automatically when you do need it. For most users, having your device in 2G uses much less battery, and thus your phone lasts longer on a single charge. 2G also usually generates less radiation than 3G, so it will likely be better for your gonads (if you have them) as well (see this thread for a discussion about that) - think of your hypothetical future children!

Main features
  • 2G/3G (auto)/3G (only) automatic band switching based on:
    - Running programs and their needs
    - Availability of Wi-Fi
    - Availability of USB
    - Roaming [note: most roaming options have been removed, use the RoamFreely (marketplace) tool instead]
  • Idle data connections disconnect based on running programs (note that unlike the registry tweak this does not break simultaneous voice/data)
  • Manual band switching
  • Automatically disable data when roaming (including AGPS)
  • Pauses applications while switching bands (so you don't get networking errors)
  • Several predefined applications supported
  • Support for HTC/MSM72xx GSM devices (GSM/EDGE vs UMTS/HSDPA)
  • Support for HTC/MSM75xx CDMA devices (1xRTT vs EV-DO)
  • Support for various Samsung GSM devices (GSM/EDGE vs UMTS/HSDPA)

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

That doesn't force 1X though does it? I read through manual but didn't see "Force 1X" anywhere.

+

= <3
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derango1 View Post

Sprint doesnt have Ev at all in my area so i force Ev using the registry. go to: hklm/software/oem/epst

4= automatic mode
10=Ev Only mode

Then all you have to do is disable the radio, then reenable it. this can be done by turning airplane mode on, then turning it back off. no soft reset required. i will search around a little and see if i can find how to for 1x only. i hope this helps you guys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2