PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

agrajag42 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Will Not Charge on Plug

I'm having a strange issue. I got a replacement HTC Touch Pro 2 due to the oily screen issue. They sent the replacement device without a new battery, so I'm using the old battery, which was fine previously.

The phone will now only charge when connected to a PC. It no longer wil charge when plugged into the wall (unless I turn it off - then at least the orange light comes on).

Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: Battery Will Not Charge on Plug

when you plug it into the wall are you using the standard charger, or something else? also if you jiggle the plug in the phone, does it start to charge then? i know theres a known issue with the usb ports on the tp2 being loose.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

agrajag42 is a n00b

Just the standard plug. I leave it in the same spot, so I hadn't even moved it when I got the other phone.

I tried jiggling it. It does light up orange when plugged in and off.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

only other think i could suggest would be to pull the battery and put it back in if that doesnt work, take it to the store. there might be some sort of short in the battery thats not allowing it...or it could be a defective phone.

but if you have my luck, youll take it there and the problem wont happen, but worth a shot.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

shine light in the female end(tp2) and make sure nothing is in there, mine had a little thread in there and caused issues.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You'll be surprised how much lint builds up in the charging port if you don't have a case. I second darren's suggestion.

Also, wiggling around the cable may help if there's a contact issue.

If nothing works, I would try hard-resetting. There are certain settings within the phone that allow you to specify how the device charges (such as disabling data transfer when connected to a computer and only charging), so it is possible that something was changed unintentionally.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
You'll be surprised how much lint builds up in the charging port if you don't have a case. I second darren's suggestion.

Also, wiggling around the cable may help if there's a contact issue.

If nothing works, I would try hard-resetting. There are certain settings within the phone that allow you to specify how the device charges (such as disabling data transfer when connected to a computer and only charging), so it is possible that something was changed unintentionally.
like a bellybutton. lol
Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

agrajag42 is a n00b

No dice on all fronts.

- used compressed air to clean out the connections
- reset the phone to factory settings

The phone just will not charge on the plug, only the computer. What's odd is that this worked on my previous phone just the day before.

Did they change something since the device was released that would cause the original plug not to work?

Looks like I'm heading to Verizon store this weekend. :P
Old 04-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weims09 View Post
Have you check the following battery option?

1. Setting -> menu -> All settings -> system ->Power

2. It'll bring up the "Battery & Backlight" screen.

3. Tap the "batter".

4. It'll bring up Battery screen. Make sure the following option is Not checked:

"When phone is on, do not charge the battery when connected to a PC".
he's got the opposite problem, won't charge on the wall, will on the computer.
I would try another wall charger just to be sure. any mini usb will fit, or a car charger if you have one.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

weims09 is keeping up the good workweims09 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
he's got the opposite problem, won't charge on the wall, will on the computer.
I would try another wall charger just to be sure. any mini usb will fit, or a car charger if you have one.

Oops my fault. Thanks for pointing that out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2