PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Myst3ry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Might Leave TP2. Need help deciding!

Alright, here is my issue... i currently own the Touch Pro2 (obviously) on Sprint, and Windows Mobile has been my only and first smartphone OS, and to be honest, i feel like i am outdated when i look at Android, iPhone OS, and WebOS. I like WinMo for being able to customize 'till your hearts desire, but i got bored with it and hate how slow the phone ends up getting. I really don't like the fact that i have to keep reseting the device because of the applications slowing down the phone. I'm all about a speedy device, not one that does it all, but very slowly.

SO... my question is... Should i make the switch? Let me explain by saying that i am one of those people who will in fact get the EVO 4G Jesus-phone when it comes out (woot!) but until then, i kind of want to get a Pre just to be able to mess with WebOS before i get the EVO (which i plan to keep for a good while). OR should i switch to the Hero and start getting used to Android?

One last thing to note is that my sister has a Blackberry Curve and she really doesn't like it (and i don't blame her)So she is going in inherit whatever phone i have now, when i make the switch to the EVO.. and she's the typ who wants a "cool" phone (surely you all know what i'm talking about haha)

now my reasons...
Palm Pre- Web OS and the speedy multitasking

Hero- Android (2.1!) and Android Marketplace

Surely both of these phones are less laggy and faster than the TP2, so they are a plus in my book... what's YOUR thoughts? make a switch at all? if yes, with who?

and um, sorry for the REALLY long post... this is obviously bothering me haha
Old 04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Might Leave TP2. Need help deciding!

When in doubt..flip a coin for it

I do not think a Hero is really a worth while upgrade from a TP2 and you can play with android on a TP2 on your off hours..its not fully complete but good enough to play with.

For me the TP2 is speedy and I haven't done a reset in a LONG time...running smooth too..but if you feel like you really need to switch Sprint has the 30 day trial thing you can take advantage of.

What rom are you using by the way?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

Myst3ry is a n00b

right now i am using a custom ROM i made here in the kitchens, but i just came from the 6.5 Sprint Stock... BUT what i meant was that it would slow down with all that bloatware from stock and then without a built in quick task manager, it will slow down. (and yeah, i already installed a task manager myself, but i'm thinking in regards to when i hand it over to my sister... whom is not very tech-savvy, so she won't be tweaking it to make it better, just stock haha)

but hey, you're right... the coin toss shall never fail! now i just need a three sided coin...
Old 04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

stay away from the iphone!!!! webos is ok.. android is the best imo. as much as i hate to say it wm is... dead! get a hero or any other android phone

Old 04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst3ry View Post
but hey, you're right... the coin toss shall never fail! now i just need a three sided coin...
There is the probability that a coin can land on its edge so all coins are 3 sided..if you want to increase the probability just glue coins together to make them a cylinder.

or there is the old fashion way of flipping twice...

other option is use a dice with 6 sides and if its even divide by 2

But you can always pre-tweak it and give it to them..thats what I do when I give the phone..it depends on what they use the phone for really...when I gave my mogul I decided to remove sense ui and just give them the default titanium interface.

Last edited by gTen; 04-04-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:46 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I got a Hero off of craigslist so I could check out Android and whether I need the keyboard as much as I think ... I like the Hero ok. I don't like the onscreen keyboard, but I'm getting used to it. I am going to be ready for the EVO for sure -- but I still have my TP2. I still love my TP2.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 04-04-2010, 09:42 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
When in doubt..flip a coin for it

I do not think a Hero is really a worth while upgrade from a TP2

you would be wrong then even if that's just "your" opinion. i own a hero and i love it, so easy to customize and flash roms quickly unlike winmo. i bought the tp2 the other night and played with it for 12hrs and sold it and activated my hero again. no comparison. if and when the tp2 runs a full android port and you can flash it to the phone, then i will say keep the tp2. winmo cripples the phone basically.

once you go android...you don't look back! and yes ive owned many winmo phones and i had a palm pre & pixi and android blows them all away so far.

to the OP, i would wait until the nexus 1 or the evo ships to sprint, then dump the tp2. if you really want a full port of android, buy a used vogue and flash a build of android onto it, yes i said flash because they have a full working port that can totally get rid of winmo.

android is the future and windows phone 7 is the end of wimo.

Last edited by fixxxer2012; 04-04-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you should try another rom before buying a new phone OP.

I strongly recommend Mighty' newest rom. It's super fast, and even after a month of using it it hasn't slowed down on me yet.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any other OS. I've seen quite a bit of what each one can do (except webOS... I've only seen one demo vid), but I haven't seen anything that even compares to winmo in my book.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
you would be wrong then even if that's just "your" opinion. i own a hero and i love it, so easy to customize and flash roms quickly unlike winmo. i bought the tp2 the other night and played with it for 12hrs and sold it and activated my hero again. no comparison. if and when the tp2 runs a full android port and you can flash it to the phone, then i will say keep the tp2. winmo cripples the phone basically.
How would I be wrong even if it is my opinion? lol

I have nothing against a Hero but spec wise a Hero is inferior to the TP2. So I would not consider it as an upgrade to the slightest bit...if anything I'd say go Samsung Moment over a Hero...but best of all is just to wait for Nexus One and/or EVO.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bones20 is becoming a great contributor

Somebody who just came from Mogul world, I must say TP2 with WM6.5 and Sense has pretty much solved all the problems of Mogul and WM 6.0.

No issues whatsoever. I compared the response with IPhone (3G) and TP2 is noticably faster.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2