PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cracked screen How much of a charge under tep to fix?

ok just upgraded my girl to a tp2 literally 6 days ago. guess what she cracked the screen. looks like upper glass. still responds to touch. just spider webbed no screen bleeding or so on. my question is this was just replaced via asurian 6 days ago ... now she did crack it. we don't wanna have to go insurance to fix it again. my question is under tep i doubt its covered but can in store repair replace the screen? if so any ideas of price ranges?

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Last edited by kaos; 04-05-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Cracked screen How much of a charge under tep to fix?

should be zippo at the store with TEP (7BUCKS a month)
Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
should be zippo at the store with TEP (7BUCKS a month)
i don't think tep covers screen cracks.... i was told by a friend whos a salesmen he thinks its like 120 to have replaced at a store.hoping hes wrong.. all the repair shops are closed by me due to Easter...
Old 04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

More info here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39265
http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se..._service.shtml

Type of CoverageCost per service
Total Equipment Protection$0 In-store serviceEquipment Service & Repair Program
$0 In-store serviceEquipment Replacement Program
$99 for Phones or Mobile Broadband Cards
$119 for PDA SmartphonesNo Coverage
$99 for Phones or Mobile Broadband Cards
$119 for PDA Smartphones

Physical Damage
Repairs and replcements due to damage such as cracked or broken housings, cracked or separated hinges, cracked or bleeding screens, cracked or broken lenses, and broken or bent ports or pins.

Total Equipment Protection
$50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on the deviceEquipment Service & Repair Program
$99 for Phones, Mobile Broadband Cards
$119 for PDA SmartphonesEquipment Replacement Program
$50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per approved claim depending on the deviceNo Coverage
$99 for Phones, Mobile Broadband Cards
$119 for PDA Smartphones

Last edited by HBOOT; 04-04-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
ok just upgraded my girl to a tp2 literally 6 days ago. guess what she cracked the screen. looks like upper glass. still responds to touch. just spider webbed no screen bleeding or so on. my question is this was just replaced via asurian 6 days ago ... now she did crack it. we don't wanna have to go insurance to fix it again. my question is under tep i doubt its covered but can in store repair replace the screen? if so any ideas of price ranges?
Well if its recent you can always try saying the screen came broken (things get damaged in shipping before)...if you are morally fine with that...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-04-2010, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well if its recent you can always try saying the screen came broken (things get damaged in shipping before)...if you are morally fine with that...
i was thinking that. but shes had it activated for 6 days now.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You pay monthly for the insurance, call them and get another, or stop paying the $5.99. I mean what can they say? NO, and don't forget to pay us the $5.99 next month with your bill. I think not, just try to make another claim and see what happens, after all that is what that accidental insurance is for, right?

Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
i was thinking that. but shes had it activated for 6 days now.
like they gonna check, if not what can you loose?...how big is the crack?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

iu think 1 claim in 30 days, ,and no claims in the first 30 days.
my gf cracked the screen on an old tp and took it in and was charged 119 for an in store replacement. ive had em swap out many a tps back then for free, but not with a cracked screen.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its 119 in a Sprint store, or 100 bucks through Asurion.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2